Enough?

justaudiomagic

• Just Audio Magic
Enough?
« on: 18 Jan 2008, 12:08 pm »
Hello all

We are using Dared alot when we use our demo, is 2 x 25 push-pull watt enough for the Omega speakers?
CD-player from Audioaero and Ayon!

How are the Omega drivers compared to Jordan drivers?

/Micke

jman66

Re: Enough?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2008, 01:05 pm »
Hi Micke,

The # of watts you'll need is relative to what SPL you intend to hit in the given room.
I drive my Maxhemps with a Music Reference EM7 (2.5 w/ch) using less than ½ watt.

-jim

justaudiomagic

• Just Audio Magic
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2008, 01:13 pm »
Hi Micke,

The # of watts you'll need is relative to what SPL you intend to hit in the given room.
I drive my Maxhemps with a Music Reference EM7 (2.5 w/ch) using less than ½ watt.

-jim
Hi Jim and thank you for your reply!

You gave me a superidea!
We have had a very good review of the Dared VP-300B in the magazine High Fidelity, This gives 9 watt class A. I belive that IS enough  :drool:

Does your Maxhemps sounds wonderful?

ZLS

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2008, 01:49 pm »
    I had a chance to listen to a pair of Jordan Drivers at a demo at a Chicago Audio Society meeting.  I would describe the sound of the Omega HempTone driver as compared to the Jordan as warmer and fuller.  I preferred the sound of the Omega's, but that is no big shock as I am an owner of a pair of Omega speakers. (See previous post) 

justaudiomagic

• Just Audio Magic
« Reply #4 on: 18 Jan 2008, 02:04 pm »
    I had a chance to listen to a pair of Jordan Drivers at a demo at a Chicago Audio Society meeting.  I would describe the sound of the Omega HempTone driver as compared to the Jordan as warmer and fuller.  I preferred the sound of the Omega's, but that is no big shock as I am an owner of a pair of Omega speakers. (See previous post) 
Thank you for that, I have heard the Jordan driver but not the HempTone driver.

Johnb

« Reply #5 on: 25 Feb 2008, 07:57 pm »
I think you fill find it more than enough, I drive mine Super 3 BPC with a Audion Silver Night mk2, 7 watts wich I think you are familiar with since you live in Sweden (me to). It puts out about the same as the Dared and I think the drivers will run out of steam before the amp does.

Regards

John