Tweaked out Bose 901 series 6 mk 2

Soundminded

Re: Tweaked out Bose 901 series 6 mk 2
« Reply #240 on: 27 Dec 2011, 12:07 am »
If you think about it ( trash bins vs. coffins ), ultimately it really is kinda the same...

D.D.

OK, I've looked at Wilson Sophia's again and they aren't quite in the shape of trash bins because they come to a point on top from all four sides while trash bins with swinging door lids are a triangle from two sides. The Sophias look more like the tip of the Washington Monument  :lol: Sorry for the mistake. I hope it didn't cause anyone any inconvenience.

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #241 on: 27 Dec 2011, 05:15 am »
OK, I've looked at Wilson Sophia's again and they aren't quite in the shape of trash bins because they come to a point on top from all four sides while trash bins with swinging door lids are a triangle from two sides. The Sophias look more like the tip of the Washington Monument  :lol: Sorry for the mistake. I hope it didn't cause anyone any inconvenience.

Not quite what I was getting at but sure...why not?

D.D.

mark funk

« Reply #242 on: 27 Dec 2011, 10:11 pm »
Don't send this one in to outer space!  :rotflmao:

:smoke:

Soundminded

« Reply #243 on: 27 Dec 2011, 10:48 pm »
Don't send this one in to outer space!  :rotflmao:                                                                                        :smoke:

Nothing to worry about there. A 10" three way system for $16,700 that weighs 165 lbs each won't get off the ground. There's just no way to get the lead out of it. (What do they put in those things to make them so heavy, cement blocks?)  :weights: :peek: :shh:

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #244 on: 4 Feb 2012, 08:58 pm »
It's funny because we've been talking about reviewing a pair on our Facebook page for about a week now.

And the OP here is always threadcrapping on Steve Hoffmans forum about how his Bose 901's are the most amazing speaker in the world, no matter what the topic.

So, much like the Klipsch Heresy's (which we found to be an excellent speaker) and the Technics 1200 (which, thanks to a number of people on this and SH's forum have found to have a lot of potential) I've ordered a new pair of Bose 901's to listen to.

I've only heard them in the Bose store, so curious to see what this $1400 pair of speakers is actually capable of.  Everyone in the high end loves to bash Bose, so let's investigate!

WOW ! Its sure is taking a "LONG TIME" to do that review on these 901's...  :scratch:  :scratch:

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #245 on: 4 Feb 2012, 09:16 pm »
Jeff is probably searching for the right words to express his astonishment.  :D

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #246 on: 4 Feb 2012, 09:17 pm »
He's trying to find something positive to say. Apparently very difficult.

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #247 on: 12 Feb 2012, 06:51 pm »

Maybe this review is taking so long is because he really likes these latest 901's with his.. "Reference Gear"... 8)  :shh:

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #248 on: 12 Feb 2012, 07:24 pm »
   Maybe this review is taking so long is because he really likes these latest 901's with his.. "Reference Gear"... 8)  :shh:
if i were a bettin' man, my money would be on macrojack's theory.   8)

this, spoken as a buyer of original 901's at the ripe old age of 13, back in 1969.  i have learned a bit since then.   :lol:

doug s.

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #249 on: 12 Feb 2012, 07:37 pm »
if i were a bettin' man, my money would be on macrojack's theory.   8)

this, spoken as a buyer of original 901's at the ripe old age of 13, back in 1969.  i have learned a bit since then.   :lol:

doug s.

We will find out soon ! 8)  I bet he likes them with his reference gear and cables... :dance:

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #250 on: 12 Feb 2012, 08:05 pm »
  We will find out soon ! 8)  I bet he likes them with his reference gear and cables... :dance:

Oh, yeah!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q7FFjUpVLg

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #251 on: 12 Feb 2012, 08:07 pm »
well... it is possible he's either deaf or is getting paid to write a positive review.   :wink:

doug s.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #252 on: 12 Feb 2012, 10:22 pm »
HFSG - You need to be more patient. This guy is a professional reviewer whose livelihood is dependent on clear, accurate evaluations and the protracted study necessary to be certain of them. He does not just pop off with a new favorite every time his services are engaged like, for instance, you.

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #253 on: 13 Feb 2012, 01:17 am »
 These latest 901's are different from the 901's that were made in the past.

These latest 901's use a clear coat coating on the voice coils wires on the speaker cones because you can still see the solder that they put on the voice coils wires.

This improves the top end and bottom end performance for these speaker drives that they are using now.

I have no complaints with the performance of these latest 901's and my room is not small at 18 by 24 !

When you put good gear and reference cables with these latest 901's they really come alive and really SING !

It would be better if Jeff was using Crimson Music Link interconnects and speaker cables in this review because these cables are a perfect match with these 901's...these Crimson cables just might be the best on the market..period  !..  8)  :dance:

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #254 on: 13 Feb 2012, 04:25 am »
HFSG -  He does not just pop off with a new favorite every time his services are engaged like, for instance, you.

Well put, but wasted, apparently. You'll notice HFSG did not rise even to that bait. Perhaps it went over his head - or he doesn't read responses to his febrile blathering.

He did respond once, though, in another forum. He told me to get a life, I think - I wasn't paying very close attention.

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #255 on: 13 Feb 2012, 05:06 pm »
We will soon find out how GOOD these "LATEST" 901's really are !

: If Jeff only had some of those Crimson Music Link interconnects and speaker cables for this review he would hear the true full potential of these 901's.. they really are a match made in heaven !!..    :dance:

http://stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=276693
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2012, 07:03 pm by HiFiSoundGuy »

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #256 on: 13 Feb 2012, 07:01 pm »
Wrong!! I will never "discover" how good these new 901s are.......because I do not now, and never will, care.

If by some strange turn of events your perpetual pursuit of positive reinforcement should be met by something more positive and persuasive than disdain, the majority of us will question the merits and motives of your compatriot. Bose has made many millions selling crap --- why on earth would they choose to risk that successful formula? They don't care about making a better mousetrap because they already have the most effective mousetrap ad campaign.

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #257 on: 14 Feb 2012, 06:42 pm »
 How good are these 901's with these Crimson Music Link cables...

One of friends told me that he likes my 901's as much as his Quad ESL 2905's...but you can play the 901's louder and I think the 901's have a better bottom end...  :dance:

Jeff, you should think about doing a another review in the future on these 901's with these amazing Crimson cables they are just so spooky real with these 901's...   8)

TheChairGuy

« Reply #258 on: 14 Feb 2012, 09:47 pm »
I had lost track of this thread...is it really 13 pages long now?

OMG, what a waste of time and bandwidth. We are gluttons; each and every one of us.

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #259 on: 15 Feb 2012, 12:39 am »
 If you look at post number #76 in the link below Jeff says he is not going do any of these tweaks I posted here.

I have never heard any speakers that sounded BETTER with the GRILLS ON ! AND the Bose 901's Grills are made of Fiberglass...not GOOD !!

I'm sure Jeff knows this too !

I know Jeff don't want to take off the front grills that are not removable because he wants to resale them BUT.. he can take off the back grills off with no problems and find out that they DO sound better with the Grills OFF...

If Jeff would try tweaks and use Crimson R.M. Music interconnects and speaker cables I bet Jeff would not SELL these 901's....are you listening Jeff ???  :peek:  :surrender:

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=276693&page=4