DPS - Thumbs Up!!

ghunter

DPS - Thumbs Up!!
« on: 30 Oct 2011, 12:40 am »
My DPS power supply arrived on Friday, and I have to give it an enthusiastic thumbs up.  For only $400 it really tightens up the timing but keeps all the flow of the music that I love from my WTA.

One thing to note is that you need to use the RCA-style power adapter for the turntable, I didn't think the manual described that too well.

My Dynavector P-75mk2 phono preamp is also hooked up to the DPS now, and I'm going to start some geeky tests soon to try and run all four combinations to see exactly where the improvements are coming.  (No DPS, DPS on WTA, DPS on P75.2, DPS on both)

This is a no-brainer upgrade for all WTA owners.

roscoeiii

Re: DPS - Thumbs Up!!
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2011, 07:17 pm »
Look forward to hearing more of your impressions. As another P75 owner, this definitely has my attention. Just grabbed an Auditorium mat, maybe I shoulda been saving up for this instead...

doak

« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2011, 12:29 am »
Look forward to hearing more of your impressions. As another P75 owner, this definitely has my attention. Just grabbed an Auditorium mat, maybe I shoulda been saving up for this instead...

From my experience I doubt that you'll regret the investment in the Auditorium mat.   :)

roscoeiii

« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2011, 12:41 am »
Likely true doak. As a vinyl newbie, I do find myself still not entirely clear about the extent of the improvement I can expect from various potential upgrades like power supply, phono stage, mat, cart, pixie dust, etc.

gagamut

« Reply #4 on: 23 Nov 2011, 03:50 pm »
Hi,i got the DPS yesterday,and listening a few hours,it's worth and really good upgrade,the background is more black,the image is more focus and you can hear more detail from record ....................:D

mgsboedmisodpc2

« Reply #5 on: 27 Nov 2011, 07:12 pm »
"...various potential upgrades like power supply, phono stage, mat, cart, pixie dust, etc. "
let us start with power supply
do you have an air conditioner or a refrigerator noticing how the lights dim when those units cycle on. Well in the extreme a turntable with a poor power supply will change its speed when the refrigerator turns on. A better power supply can prevent this

roscoeiii

« Reply #6 on: 27 Nov 2011, 09:59 pm »
Yeah, the power in my apt is pretty bad. But do have a Running Springs Haley that my WTA and P75 are plugged into.

gagamut

« Reply #7 on: 28 Nov 2011, 02:30 pm »
after i use the DPS a few day,i found most improvement is on last track :icon_lol: