Bought my DREAM Ducati!!!

Emil

Re: Bought my DREAM Ducati!!!
« Reply #20 on: 7 Oct 2020, 02:52 pm »
Are these high performance Italian bikes just as temperamental as their cars?

Part of the charm? :D

More my speed  :lol:
Vespa GTS300

stlrman

« Reply #21 on: 7 Oct 2020, 03:34 pm »
 Beautiful scooter!!!!
With only 3,500 , she is basically brand new . I should not need a major expensive tune up until she hits 15,000 miles . Maybe the end of the summer , lol .. 8)

Pez

« Reply #22 on: 7 Oct 2020, 05:01 pm »
That is one sexy machine! :o Congrats stlrman!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #23 on: 7 Oct 2020, 11:37 pm »
When you see a bike like that it really makes you appreciate how far motorcycles have come in our lifetimes.
Back in 77 when I got my license that would have seemed like something out of a science fiction movie.
Now it's under your butt.

I'm talking about the Ducati, not the Vespa...

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #24 on: 8 Oct 2020, 02:31 am »
The Vespa was the worse bike I had ride, in the early 1980s I ride about 10 minutes on this dangerous vehicle and had almost fallen twice due the small tires.

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #25 on: 8 Oct 2020, 06:14 am »
The Vespa was the worse bike I had ride, in the early 1980s I ride about 10 minutes on this dangerous vehicle and had almost fallen twice due the small tires.
I had a similar experience. Small wheeled vehicles, whether motorcycles, motor scooters, bicycles or kids' Razor type scooters are all worse handling than the larger wheel diameter versions. I think that's one of the reasons the Honda Passport was massively successful—easy to balance (due to larger diameter wheels than Vespa-type scooters), quiet and economical.

These things are dangerous!

The best handling bike I ever rode was a 1980 Ducati Pantah 600. Unfortunately it was too small for me, but the handling was phenominal.

mreeter

« Reply #26 on: 8 Oct 2020, 11:16 am »
A piece of Mechanized Art, those Italians are a creative lot. But, how do you plan to accommodate this? "And a Corbin seat and backrest for my daughter". Does the small rear piece of bodywork come off and replaced with a pillion seat?

Not trying to be critical, just curious!

stlrman

« Reply #27 on: 8 Oct 2020, 02:22 pm »
Np Mreeter!!!
The seat is always two up.  Seats two. The plastic piece comes right off. In one second .
Thanks for the kind words . She is a stunner!!!

stlrman

« Reply #28 on: 10 Nov 2020, 10:58 am »
Oh , I have been enjoying life !!! I am having so much !! Here are some pictures . The weather has been insane for November! It’s been high 60’s  , low 70’s  for a week in Western Pa.
I did a killer small trip to Morraine State Park and McConnell Mills .
Also ripping all over Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas .
The motorcycle looks stunning , and sounds beastly!!!  I can’t wait to get it out on the track in the spring!!
I’m happy every time I though my leg over my motorcycle!!

The McConnell's Mill Covered Bridge was built in 1874. It is a Howe truss bridge. One of two covered bridges in Lawrence County, it is owned by the county, but is located on state land at McConnells Mill State Park. The bridge is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
I drove through it six times .

Videos from YouTube will follow .