Bought my DREAM Ducati!!!

stlrman

Bought my DREAM Ducati!!!
« on: 5 Oct 2020, 09:28 pm »
I did it !!!! I waited too many years for this moment!! I gave up motorcycle riding to raise a child .
The  2014 Monster 1200s  is shipping  from New Hampshire .
The video,  if your interested , shows all the aftermarket parts the original owner put on . He put a nice amount of money to make this bike look , and sound better:
https://www.nationalpowersports.net/itemdetails.cshtml?itemid=49830
The only plan I have is to eventually put on an ion battery to shave  six pounds !!!!! And a Corbin seat and backrest for my daughter.
Only 3,500 miles on it.

I ordered a DB eliminator , for this viscous after market Competition Werkes
 exhaust. Waaaaay loud !!

Very very excited to hit the road!!  on this state of the art machine . It’s so beautiful!!!!
135 horsepower, 84 pounds of torque.  Traction control, ABS , three driving modes you can change on the fly
O -60 in a mere 2.6 seconds . I believe that is faster than almost any super car . 1/4 mile in 10.3  - one day hope to take some laps on the track with her , but may purchase an older r1 for track days .

What a fucking money pit !!!!!! I spent $900 on gear so far!! I know Ducati means expensive service and parts , but I’m sure it will be worth it for the performance and fun factor !!

Don_S

Re: Bought my DREAM Ducati!!!
« Reply #1 on: 5 Oct 2020, 09:56 pm »
That is one scary-assed machine.  :o Congratulations and be safe.

stlrman

« Reply #2 on: 5 Oct 2020, 10:01 pm »
Thanks Don !!
It’s a fucking beast of a motorcycle!! 
One can ride in the slower modes , less horsepower and more traction control.

WGH

« Reply #3 on: 5 Oct 2020, 10:03 pm »
Very nice! It looks like a Shoggoth on wheels

stlrman

« Reply #4 on: 5 Oct 2020, 10:06 pm »
Working on getting another shed out back , heating it , putting wood boards to I can roll it into our alley .
More money!!
I found a storage unit starting at $32 a month as a back up .

stlrman

« Reply #5 on: 5 Oct 2020, 10:07 pm »
I see the similarity!! Could not catch me though!!
« Last Edit: 7 Oct 2020, 03:42 pm by stlrman »

stlrman

« Reply #6 on: 5 Oct 2020, 10:09 pm »
Would electric radiator heater be safe to run in a shed? I have outdoor power outlet.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: 5 Oct 2020, 10:17 pm »
Never ride a Desmo its a Interesting bike ever tô see in person. :thumb:

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #8 on: 5 Oct 2020, 11:01 pm »
Very Nice, congrats.

Just did 5 hour tour to the mountains on my steed today with a buddy.

Rocket Ronny

djpk

« Reply #9 on: 6 Oct 2020, 12:02 am »
Working on getting another shed out back , heating it , putting wood boards to I can roll it into our alley .
More money!!
I found a storage unit starting at $32 a month as a back up .
Park your motorcycle in the house for the winter. That's what I do. I drain the gas of course.

stlrman

« Reply #10 on: 6 Oct 2020, 12:47 am »
Thanks RR . Great looking bike !! Looks like the perfect all around bike !! What model is this?
I am vertically challenged, so many taller bikes are not options for my inseam.
I have so many  options for storage really . The house in NOT one of them . First we live in a small house , with lots of steps . Pittsburgh is super hilly!! Second I will be riding all winter. I rode for 8 winters in Pittsburgh. Our winters have been very mild the past ten years, especially the past two. So we get plenty of rideable days in December, January, and February.  I’ve ridden in 8 * Fahrenheit with no real equipment.  And I plan to get some heated gear . Maybe just gloves . I can bulk up with layers , ride for 30 minutes to an hour .  I want to have access to my bike everyday, so a heated shed seems to be the way to go . I can keep it on the front street in front of my house till December, then I want more than a cover .
The guy at Home Depot recommended an oil filled heater . Only $40 , said it’s safe and one will heat the whole shed , temperature controlled. I’m looking into options . Shit , J can get a storage unit for $32 a month for the first two months , pull it out in March . Going to try to work the backyard shed. The alley is not really for cars , it’s used for a walkway , but I can use it to pull in my bike . I can even push the bike out , 15 yards to the street .

syzygy

« Reply #11 on: 6 Oct 2020, 01:24 am »
Watch your ass on that thing.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #12 on: 6 Oct 2020, 02:22 am »
Nice/nasty looking ride there.  :thumb: Might I suggest you change tires before your winter rides.  :wink:  Be safe & have fun.

Very nice! It looks like a Shoggoth on wheels

Interesting reference Wayne, having just finished At The Mountains of Madness a couple of days ago.  8)

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #13 on: 6 Oct 2020, 03:14 am »
Funny...I was just on Ducatis Wed site before coming here. I'm getting close myself to grabbing one. Enjoy it. Be safe. Beautiful bike

twitch54

« Reply #14 on: 6 Oct 2020, 01:21 pm »
Watch your ass on that thing.

No, that would be the rider behind him ............

'Stir', sweet lookin' ride, a work of art ! ride safe !!

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #15 on: 6 Oct 2020, 04:14 pm »
What model is this?
I am vertically challenged, so many taller bikes are not options for my inseam.

That's a 2018 Kawasaki Versys 1000. It was not on my radar, as I was looking more at Africa Twin, KTM 790, or Yamaha Tenere 700. This came up used at such a good price - 1/2 off, with only 2500 miles, I could not pass it up.

I changed the handle bars to Holeshot, to bring them closer. Also changed gearing, one up on front and 3 down on the rear. Less gear changes in town and 60 mph revs from 3800 to 3000. Less, arm in the socket acceleration, but way nicer on highway. Still pulls very good and very fast if you want it to be. Seat is uncomfortable after a couple hours so that will be next, although I don't want to spend the money on it.

As for vertically challenged, that's me as well. The bike has a seat height of 33" so I am on the front of my feet at stops if I put both down. A lower seat is what I would like.

Your bike, sort of reminds me of my old Yamaha RZ 350. Not in looks, but in intention.

Rocket Ronny

EIEIO

« Reply #16 on: 6 Oct 2020, 11:05 pm »
Nice Duc... Enjoy

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #17 on: 7 Oct 2020, 01:09 am »
That is quite the motorcycle.
Is that your reward for dieting?

stlrman

« Reply #18 on: 7 Oct 2020, 01:17 pm »
Thanks Steve!!
I guess.  I lost 46 pounds in 5 months, so far !  I guess most would call it a midlife crises. Lol!!! A 55 year old man buying a super bike??!!  Yep!!!! Fuck it!!   :P :P 
 When I last rode motorcycles it was my passion. All 18 years I have really missed it.  I am very excited to get on the track with this machine in April!!  We have an amazing track 45 minutes from Pittsburgh. They run events every month.   I hope to get 3-4 days in next season. There is an event this weekend , and I wanted to go watch , but I’m on lockdown,  don’t ask. 😏 So, I wait a few short months . I’ve waited 18 years!!    I have been buying so much gear , (FUN!!) that I’ve lost track of what’s coming in. Lol..  So far it’s a complete money pit !! I have Revzilla on speed dial.  Haha ..

Fun times !!

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #19 on: 7 Oct 2020, 02:44 pm »
  Enjoy every second riding. Enjoy life.

charles