Winter wheels back on the hot hatch...

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Winter wheels back on the hot hatch...
« on: 12 Oct 2019, 01:14 am »
Tonight the temps supposed to go down to 40F...
I saw that Monday forecast, so I made the appt to get the wheels swapped This morning.
Naturally that entails emptying out the hatch, and putting the Winter wheels in the car. take to dealer. Of the ten times they have done the swap, a few were $40, a few $25 and a few free. Today was free. I have no understanding of how they decide. But free is good. (I bought the $33,000 Focus ST there.)
The Winter wheels are identical to the OEM except the Winter are painted black alloy, the OEM with the original with car Summer Only tires are a titanium sort of color.
So my Winter tires are 235/40/18 Z rated XL load 186mph tires just like my Summer tires. Except they can do it at -10F. Yes they have the snowflake icon. 
I am surprised this is my 6th Winter season with them. About 19000 Wintery miles and plenty of tread left for an extreme performance tire. They may be getting a bit old.. But so am I. and I am driving way less like a maniac in general... (trying to decide do I need to replace the also five year old Summer tires?? They have another 3mm to the wear bars too. But being over five years old?? If I did replace them I would get the Michelin Pilot S4
Then unloaded the Summer tires, cleaned them and put them away until Spring...