VMPSAUDIO.COM web site issue? Hacked!

Stimpy

VMPSAUDIO.COM web site issue? Hacked!
« on: 18 May 2012, 03:23 pm »

Getting a spam report from your website Brian:

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=http://www.vmpsaudio.com/

"Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for vmpsaudio.com

What is the current listing status for vmpsaudio.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 2 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-05-17, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-05-17.

Malicious software includes 3 exploit(s).

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS2914 (NTT).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, vmpsaudio.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
    If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center."

Don't know what's wrong, but a number of users, on other forums are discussing it.  Hope it's nothing too drastic for you to repair!

Later,

Stimpy

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
Re: VMPSAUDIO.COM web site issue? Hacked!
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2012, 04:29 pm »
I reported this to the web host two days ago.  I hope to have it cleared up today.  Kapersky and other anti virus are finding a trojan horse on the site.

mgsboedmisodpc2

« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2012, 04:35 pm »
 :( correct NORTON will not let me browse the site

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2012, 04:51 pm »
I get the same message on my Windows 7 machine (have not tried it on my Mac tower with Safari).  It happens.

John Casler

« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2012, 07:47 pm »
I would NOT SUGGEST anyone try to log on until we get the ALL CLEAR.

Brian or I will post here.

audiomagnate

« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2012, 05:18 pm »
AVG says it's still infected...

John Casler

« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2012, 08:00 pm »
Just spoke with the SERVER web support, and they have upgraded us to Priority One.  Apparently they had a massive Cyber-Attack of some sort,  :scratch: and they are just getting it sorted out. :duh:

They "think" it should be OK in 24-48 hours.   :thumb:

audiomagnate

« Reply #7 on: 25 May 2012, 01:07 pm »
Well it's not sorted. I'm a new fan boy and active on AK. Everybody over there is blaming me for sending them to an infected site. I sell insurance on the net, if this happened to my site it would be fixed in minutes. It has been a week. You should take the site down if you can't fix it.

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 25 May 2012, 04:32 pm »
Dubravko, our webmaster, has downloaded the entire site to his server and cleaned it up.  The site is fine on his mobile device but still comes up infected on the Verio host.  We are making daily appeals to Verio to restore service, but no luck so far.

audiomagnate

« Reply #9 on: 25 May 2012, 10:44 pm »
Still infected. So lame.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #10 on: 26 May 2012, 01:12 am »
Brian, maybe you should switch to a new host.

audiomagnate

« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2012, 10:30 pm »

It's spreading (at least the warnings):

quote===========================================

"Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
www.audiocircle.com contains content from www.vmpsaudio.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site."

end of quote======================================

JohnR

« Reply #12 on: 28 May 2012, 12:02 am »

www.audiocircle.com contains content from www.vmpsaudio.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site."

Where do you get this warning, specifically?

John Casler

« Reply #13 on: 28 May 2012, 12:32 am »

That is what Brian is trying to do, since he is getting strung along by the current infected host quite badly.

John Casler

« Reply #14 on: 28 May 2012, 12:34 am »

Actually I don't think it is spreading, it is simply if you click on an AC post that has an "image" link from the VMPS website you get the message due to the image link.

Brian is working on getting a new web hosting site.

cvictorg

« Reply #15 on: 28 May 2012, 01:21 pm »
As of today

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for vmpsaudio.com

What is the current listing status for vmpsaudio.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 6 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-05-26, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-05-26.
Malicious software includes 7 exploit(s).

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS2914 (NTT).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, vmpsaudio.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
Yes, this site has hosted malicious software over the past 90 days. It infected 1 domain(s), including audiocircle.com/.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for AS2914 (NTT)

What happened when Google visited sites hosted on this network?
Of the 75978 site(s) we tested on this network over the past 90 days, 929 site(s), including, for example, motherless.com/, rocco.com.br/, metacafe.com/, served content that resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent.

The last time Google tested a site on this network was on 2012-05-28, and the last time suspicious content was found was on 2012-05-27.

Has this network hosted sites acting as intermediaries for further malware distribution?
Over the past 90 days, we found 29 site(s) on this network, including, for example, justnow.com.au/, 207.56.140.0/, pizzahut-ce.com.br/, that appeared to function as intermediaries for the infection of 164 other site(s) including, for example, pizzahut-pb.com.br/, foruminter.net/, hahaaustralia.com.au/.

Has this network hosted sites that have distributed malware?
Yes, this network has hosted sites that have distributed malicious software in the past 90 days. We found 63 site(s), including, for example, verio.com/, justnow.com.au/, pizzahut-ce.com.br/, that infected 1229 other site(s), including, for example, pizzahut-pb.com.br/, marchex.com/, 471design.com/.

JP78

« Reply #16 on: 30 May 2012, 11:42 pm »
godaddy.com

cvictorg

« Reply #17 on: 1 Jun 2012, 09:20 pm »
How long will this take?  It's going into week 3!!

Scottdazzle

« Reply #18 on: 2 Jun 2012, 02:22 pm »
godaddy.com

+1 on GoDaddy.com.  Easy to use and affordable.

audiomagnate

« Reply #19 on: 3 Jun 2012, 02:36 pm »
Well this is rather amazing, but the good news is there is a lot of information on vmpseurope.com and isn't infected.