RM30 questions--carbon megawoofer, finishes, placement

audiot_savant

Woofers:  Did I read correctly that the 6.5" carbon megawoofers are not available until June '04?  If so, what's the upgrade price from the graphites?

Finishes:  Are full-wrap veneers available?  I don't really care about the back so much but I if I buy these would like to see the pedestal base AND the area around the slot-loaded PR's veneered, not black as in all the pics I've seen thus far.  What's now being offered for the base config?  Sorry, I find the oval unattractive and would prefer a rectangle.

Placement:  What can I expect as to best room placement?  My current room measures approx. 32' long X 15' wide X 9' high.  Current setup is shortwall, with my ProAc 1s' about 6-7' from the back wall, 6-7' apart, listening position about 7' away from each speaker.  My Genesis sub is placed off to the left, on an arc described through the ProAcs with the listening position as the pivot point, so the sub ends up somewhat forward of the L speaker.  I've NEVER had success placing a sub anywhere other than near the same plane the speakers are in.  Also, I tried a longwall placement when I first moved into my house and it wasn't at all good, so I'm not likely to change.  

Thanks for your input & answers!

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
rm30
« Reply #1 on: 5 Feb 2004, 02:10 am »
6.5" Megawoofers ($280 set of 4) available in April-May of this year.  They will offer higher power handling, cleaner sound and have the ability of not bottoming out no matter how hard they are driven.

All veneers are full wrap.  The RM30's are extremely flexible of placement, including touching the back wall if necessary.

The new bases are rectangular with round corners.  Veneers not available on base or base cleats.

jasonc

« Reply #2 on: 5 Feb 2004, 02:41 am »
6.5" Megawoofers ($280 set of 4) available in April-May of this year. They will offer higher power handling, cleaner sound and have the ability of not bottoming out no matter how hard they are driven.

All veneers are full wrap. The RM30's are extremely flexible of placement, including touching the back wall if necessary.

The new bases are rectangular with round corners. Veneers not available on base or base cleats.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

guest1121

« Reply #3 on: 10 Feb 2004, 02:52 am »
The new bases are rectangular with round corners. Veneers not available on base or base cleats.

Brian, do you have any pics of the new bases?  I know you can't please everyone, but I am glad you changed the shape of the bases too! :thumb:

Also, what is the latest "street" date for the RM30s?  Can't wait to hear reports of their performance once they've reached the hands (and ears) of some enthusiasts and dealers.