one sub with two systems?

nightfall

« on: 9 Nov 2004, 03:50 pm »
I was wondering if it's practical to use The Force sub with one set of speakers......but with two separate systems that are using this single set of speakers.  I have one tube system and one solid state system (audio only, no home theater).  I simply use banana connections to connect the speakers to one system or the other.  I know I can use this same process to connect the sub to either system.  However, even though I'm using the same speakers, will I have to go through two complete set-up procedures to tweak the subwoofer for each system (and record the settings so I can easily switch back and forth between systems)?  In other words, is setting up a sub correctly dependent not only on the speakers involved, but also on the characteristics of each electronic component in the system?

Thanks!
Brian

Mike Dzurko

• Facilitator
Re: one sub with two systems?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2004, 12:22 pm »
Quote from: nightfall
I was wondering if it's practical to use The Force sub with one set of speakers......but with two separate systems that are using this single set of speakers.  I have one tube system and one solid state system (audio only, no home theater).  I simply use banana connections to connect the speakers to one system or the other.  I know I can use this same process to connect the sub to either system.  However, even though I'm using the same speakers, will I have to go through two complete set-up procedures to tw ...

I had to think about this one for a minute  :D

You MAY well be able to just switch back and forth without making changes. Because placement wouldn't change, etc. I really can't see why you'd make any but the slightest changes . . . if any

nightfall

« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2004, 02:32 pm »
Thanks Mike....that's good to know!

Brian