May 7th listening session feedback

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
May 7th listening session feedback
« on: 9 May 2006, 01:38 pm »
I would like to thank those that showed up Sunday if you are reading this. There were a few NJ Audio Society members here and a few others. No Circle members though.

It was a great day of listening. Here are the two setups that got all the attention:

Usher D2 Horn system driven by a pair of prototype Musica Bella 8 watt 300B mono blocs, Reference Ming-Da MC3 preamp and Custom Reference Jolida JD100 CD player. Cabling was all VH Audio. AIRSINEs for the amplifiers and Flavor 4 for the preamp and CD player.

The comments on this system were that there was an exceptional sense of realism. Here is a quick quote that came in an email that evening.

Steve's musical selections really showed what these speakers and your new (Musica Bella 300B) amps are capable of.  The complete reproduction of the instrument space and their recording room space was amazing.  Virtual holography.  Of the entire recording room.

The next system was strickly vinyl all day and consist of the Musica Bella SP/AV-2 speakers w/external crossovers, Reference Jolida JD801 power amp, ModWright SWL 9.0, Jolida JD9 phono amp and Music Hall MMF-9 table. Interconnect cables were Eichmann eXpress and Empirical Design with speaker cables being a 4 foot pair of Acrolink 6N 10 awg from Japan.
 This system just seemed to be right on target all day.

Another quick quote:

The Musica Bella SP2's were also quite impressive (and much less expensive!), and have truly extended the concept of the MB 1's to a significantly enriched sonic level.  All is all, it was a wonderful listening experience.  Thank you for your patience with my questions and incessant source loading.  I rarely get a change to "play" at this level, and it is very much appreciated, as is the excellent wine!

The only regret I have is not having the Adagio speakers here for all to audition or the new Usher P-307 preamp that arrived the next day. I guess those will have to be for another day!!