Some 8" drivers that almost worked

Arctos

« Reply #20 on: 1 Mar 2005, 03:09 am »
Dave,
Unless you made some changes in the last week you already sent this to me, which is where I got the crossover values, etc.  Parts/drivers should arrive by friday!

Thanks,

R

David Ellis

• http://www.ellisaudio.com
« Reply #21 on: 1 Mar 2005, 04:29 am »
No changes.

Sorry, I failed to connect your email address title to "Arctos".  Where does "Arctos" come from?

Dave

Arctos

« Reply #22 on: 2 Mar 2005, 02:39 am »
You are the first to ever ask!!
Canis Lupus Arctos is the genus, species and sub-species names for the Arctic Wolf.  Arctos or Canis Arctos is typically what most folks that speak "zoology language" shorten it to.  For as long as I can remember I have been fascinated with wolves and the Arctic is the most interesting to me and is the least studied/understood.  They live above 70 degrees latitude so they don't have much contact with humans, which I am sure suits them just fine.  I suppose I draw some parallel between them and myself in this, as I tend to get along with animals better than most people.

Regards,

R

PS:  My drivers arrived today already!!   Now I am just waiting for my shipment from Parts Express and I will have the crossover components.

David Ellis

• http://www.ellisaudio.com
« Reply #23 on: 2 Mar 2005, 04:18 am »
I am just waiting for my shipment from Parts Express and I will have the crossover components.

Hmmm, what parts didn't Meniscus have in stock?

Dave

Arctos

« Reply #24 on: 5 Mar 2005, 03:31 am »
Dave,
Strangely enough Meniscus didn't carry many of the component values I needed for this design.  They didn't carry a large enough value 14ga inductor as well as atleast 1 of the capacitor values.  Also, I needed some convoluted foam which they did not carry.  I did purchase some grill cloth from Meniscus with the drivers.  Unfortunately their selection of crossover components is limited compared to some other outfits.

RDS

Here is my edit:  I just checked at Meniscus and have found that they must have just updated their site in the last week, as they now do carry the correct value in air core inductor, and it is much cheaper than what I paid at PS.  They also now carry all the needed values of Solen capacitor, again cheaper than what I paid as PS.  Too bad that they didn't offer this stuff a week ago, as I could have saved some cash!!