virtue amps in europe?

lilakmonoke

virtue amps in europe?
« on: 29 Apr 2011, 10:28 am »
hi ... im new here, im a music producer from berlin.

i love t-amps and have bought and built some. we even run open air events that are powered by lots of tiny t-amps and speakers. ;-)

i want to upgrade to more power and virtue amps, either a one.2 or two.2 ... i cant find any distributor here in europe. any ideas? if someone want to part with one let me know.

best regards from berlin!

dvenardos

Re: virtue amps in europe?
« Reply #1 on: 3 May 2011, 03:31 am »
You can buy direct from Virtue.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #2 on: 3 May 2011, 06:46 am »
We've had limited success with dealers.  When a dealer will buy 50 units at a time and finance production, it will make sense to use them. 

Otherwise, it really doesn't.  We're small and we under-charge, so every nickel helps us to survive and develop new products.  Thanks for understanding.

Seth

dba

• demand better audio
    • Demand Better Audio
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2011, 11:50 am »
As said above - you get great service when you buy direct, works for me :thumb:

lilakmonoke

« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2011, 08:52 am »
unfortunately its a real hassle to buy anything from outside the EU. you have to add shipping and  23% (!!) tax and if you are are unlucky the product then disappears at customs for 4 weeks. its really a road holdup system right from the middle ages.

so i got a hold of michael from jumon audio in denmark and bought a one.1 and a one.2. very good dealing with jumon!   

dba

• demand better audio
    • Demand Better Audio
« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2011, 03:30 pm »
Strange that you have such reservations regarding international purchases and shipping, esspecially living in Germany (for ex. Ebay.de has the largest revenue of all of the large EU states).

Great that you got what you wanted from Denmark, must've been an interesting journey by car/bike to collect it :thumb:

I'm touching wood for luck right now for my current purchases and future ones direct from Virtue, never had any great concerns......Hey Seth, whats the talk in Cali re: taxes now that Arni has gone, no need to fund his many kids now, will the % duty go down??? :icon_lol: