Check out the interview

Danny Richie

Check out the interview
« on: 12 Jun 2021, 12:53 pm »
I was just interviewed by Ron Brenay at New Record Day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWFZgQBw0dI&t=1592s
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2021, 02:23 pm by Danny Richie »

ric

Re: Check out the interview
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2021, 01:35 pm »
Crickets? Watched the whole thing in one sitting and I can still type. Good questions Ron! Great interview, GO Danny!

77SunsetStrip

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2021, 02:08 pm »
Great interview.  Confirmed what many of us already know about Danny's extensive and practical knowledge. 

subsonic1050

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2021, 03:55 pm »
Excellent interview for both Danny and Ron. Love the friendship you guys have developed and it is great to get a bit of a peek into what drives and motivates Danny to do what he does. Thanks for sharing!

Allumnus

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jun 2021, 08:48 pm »
Good interview, I enjoyed it.

Shives

• I like French fries
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jun 2021, 09:17 pm »
I actually saw it soon after it was uploaded in the weekly YouTube list. A lot of very good points! Good conversation. The best statement “most consumers have no clue what to listen for, and how to setup”

Truth!

Some get to learn, some get to teach.

Good show!

Barryg443

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jun 2021, 10:32 pm »
It was an excellent interview!  I saw it right after Ron posted it!
Barry

Skilly

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2021, 04:05 am »
I liked the interview and it got me thinking about my room more. When the room is so key to the speaker integration of the experience, How does one design a speaker for an unknown room? Are there certain assumptions you make when you set out? Like, This is going to be for a typical home room, square, or rectangular? open breeze ways? Tall ceilings, short ceilings? Basement concrete walls? Bars or pass-through counters? I know about Ron's system to find the speaker soft spot in a room, but How does one know how big is needed for open baffle? or is maybe too small for open baffle? The questions go on forever? My head hurts now.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #8 on: 14 Jun 2021, 05:19 am »
I liked the interview and it got me thinking about my room more. When the room is so key to the speaker integration of the experience, How does one design a speaker for an unknown room? Are there certain assumptions you make when you set out? Like, This is going to be for a typical home room, square, or rectangular? open breeze ways? Tall ceilings, short ceilings? Basement concrete walls? Bars or pass-through counters? I know about Ron's system to find the speaker soft spot in a room, but How does one know how big is needed for open baffle? or is maybe too small for open baffle? The questions go on forever? My head hurts now.

The beauty of OB speakers is that they work well in less than ideal rooms in a better way than box speakers can.  As long as you can get them 3 feet from the front wall.

Jaytor

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jun 2021, 03:40 pm »
Nice interview Danny and Ron!

Hollis Prince

« Reply #10 on: 14 Jun 2021, 05:29 pm »
I saw it too. Great interview! I was especially happy to hear you say that if given $1,500 to buy a GR-Research kit, you would build a pair of X-Statiks. I'm building a pair right now! All I've got left to do is the veneer and finish. I cut and installed the no-rez and cut the walnut veneer to size. I'm covering every bit of it in walnut.

Rock Ball

« Reply #11 on: 14 Jun 2021, 09:35 pm »
Tannerite!  How can this stuff be legal?   :lol: