SOLD: DIY Parts: Common mode chokes and Feed-through capacitors

G.Michael

SOLD:

Clearing out some DIY stuff.

Qty 18: Common mode chokes, not sure of the inductance.  Part number XFMRS XF0154-CMC254 0942.  Clearly they're designed to handle 15A or more.

Qty 10: Feed-through capacitors. 15nF.  Part number 15nZX A01. 

$35, shipping and PayPal fees included.

« Last Edit: 14 Jul 2018, 06:52 pm by G.Michael »

audiogurujax

Re: DIY Parts: Common mode chokes and Feed-through capacitors
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2018, 09:29 pm »
PM Sent

G.Michael

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2018, 12:41 am »
PM Sent

Oops, tried to send you a message, but your AudioCircle inbox is full!

audiogurujax

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2018, 03:55 pm »
Sorry I just clean it up FYI payment sent LOL

audiogurujax

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2018, 03:56 pm »
Do you have some info on those caps are they for AC or DC and what voltage / Current rating are they?

G.Michael

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2018, 05:58 pm »
Do you have some info on those caps are they for AC or DC and what voltage / Current rating are they?

Definitely AC.  Current ratings look to be plenty, at least 10A I'd guess.  And probably a voltage rating big enough to handle AC line voltages.  (Otherwise I wouldn't have bought them.)

For those who aren't familiar with these devices, here's what I know: Feed-thru caps are a 3-terminal device, with the capacitor going to ground (which is the body of the capacitor that bolts to a ground chassis.  Otherwise they're essentially a conductor to pass the current into and out of a chassis.  They're used in EMI filters, so one scenario is that you have a line filter (typically with both common mode and conventional filtering) in a subchassis, and you pass the current in and out of the subchassis via the feed-thru caps.    I think they're more common in high-frequency EMI environments, but worth considering for DIY audiophile applications.