Bay Area Omega Owners?

faultythesaurus

Bay Area Omega Owners?
« on: 2 May 2019, 07:48 pm »
New to the forum :)

I’ve become really interested in Omega Speakers, but am hesitant to take the plunge never having listened to them.

Is there anyone in the Bay Area who owns Omega’s and would be open to letting me hear them? I could certainly offer some compensation or something else of value for your time.

Thanks!

FireGuy

Re: Bay Area Omega Owners?
« Reply #1 on: 2 May 2019, 11:07 pm »
Welcome faultythesaurus.

Sad to report but I live no where near the bay area.  Hopefully you can find someone close so you can road test some Omegas.  I've purchased a lot of gear on faith only sans local demos and happy to say it has all worked out just fine.  Especially my Omega Super 5's.  They'e been in place now for approx three years.  Had a few opportunities to change them out and every time I had serious considerations, I couldn't do it.  Not so much as a change of loudspeakers couldn't  be better (possibily) but the thought ridding my area of the Omegas? Nope, no way. 

Omega sound is pristine and organic.  They present with a level ease that I have not heard from other speakers... ever.

Good luck. 

faultythesaurus

« Reply #2 on: 2 May 2019, 11:37 pm »
Fireguy - thanks for the message.

I have heard great things about Omega’s, but I also heard great things about the KEF LS50, AudioNote AN-E, Elac Adante, and Harbeth 30.1. Of those speakers, I loved the Harbeths and disliked the others, which is something I didn’t predict based on what I read. As a result, I’m hesitant to rely on written descriptions in my decision making, even when the speakers are as amazing looking at the Omega’s!

FireGuy

« Reply #3 on: 3 May 2019, 03:19 pm »
Fireguy - thanks for the message.

I have heard great things about Omega’s, but I also heard great things about the KEF LS50, AudioNote AN-E, Elac Adante, and Harbeth 30.1. Of those speakers, I loved the Harbeths and disliked the others, which is something I didn’t predict based on what I read. As a result, I’m hesitant to rely on written descriptions in my decision making, even when the speakers are as amazing looking at the Omega’s!

I've gone thru the rabbit hole with SET-amplified, high efficiency speakers.  You list of speakers above is a nice array.  Not knowing how you auditioned them...power, power and more power is an absolute for them to prob "sing".  Omegas don't live in that camp.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 3 May 2019, 03:30 pm »

Omega sound is pristine and organic.  They present with a level ease that I have not heard from other speakers... ever.

+1  :thumb:

guf

« Reply #5 on: 3 May 2019, 05:06 pm »
Hey I’m in SF. I have a couple pairs. Happy to have you come by.

ihor

« Reply #6 on: 3 May 2019, 11:30 pm »
“Omegas don’t live in that camp.’

Not true!  I home auditioned the LS50, Harbeth 30.1 (which I was ready to buy), and then the SAMs and have been a happy Omega owner for 4 years now.  There used to be a 30 day home trial period, but I don’t see it on the website now.  Anyways, I truly felt the SAMs beat the KEFs and the Harbeths (and I had been lusting for the M 30.1s for quite some time and finally could afford a pair).

sunnydaze

« Reply #7 on: 4 May 2019, 02:01 am »
I read it as a compliment to the Omegas.
That they separate themselves from the crowd...in a good way!

I've never personally heard the KEF 50, but a local buddy owned them and a few Omega models:  Super 3 XRS, SAM, and Custom Shop Alnico floorstanders.   He says Omega crushes the Kef.  Not even close.

Having owned a pair of Omega Super 7 and listened extensively to a few different versions of the Alnico -- both standmount and floorstander -- I can believe it.   Right now I'm listening to a borrowed pair of Alnico based floorstanders partnered with a pair of Gallo subs and IMO the combo hangs with speakers in the 7.5k to 10k dollar range.   

I'm quite impressed by the Alnico based Omega speakers.   :thumb:

FireGuy

« Reply #8 on: 4 May 2019, 05:31 pm »
He says Omega crushes the Kef.  Not even close.

Similarly,  I was able to hear both the Omega Super 5 (RS5 driver) Vs. a Martin Logan Motion 40.  I did not expect for the Omegas to clearly win that contest.  Yup, not even close.  I have heard ML's top line BTW, and will say they are impressive.  But not able to do a head-to-head with Omega.

faultythesaurus

« Reply #9 on: 8 May 2019, 01:19 am »
Hey I’m in SF. I have a couple pairs. Happy to have you come by.

Guf - that’s awesome, that would be much appreciated. What’s the best way to get in touch with you directly? AFAIK there’s no direct message capability on here.

If you’re on Facebook you can find me here: https://m.facebook.com/andremp

Look forward to connecting!

sunnydaze

« Reply #10 on: 8 May 2019, 02:13 am »
Send him a PRIVATE MESSAGE:

Click on his username
then in left margin click on "send private message".

I think you need 3 posts in order to PM a member, so you should be good to go.