SoundScape 8's in smokey silver brid's eye maple - SOLD

Frans

• Has anyone seen my last marble?
Re: SoundScape 8's in smokey silver brid's eye maple
« Reply #40 on: 19 Nov 2012, 09:47 am »

If they were universally true, they would be characteristics, not stereotypes.

All audiophiles on Earth breathe oxygen. See?

As to your hearing aid claim: Hearing aids which cost less and advertise less features (the ones at Cosco) have less features than the more expensive ones from the same company that advertise more features?

Yea. I kinda expected that.

You missed both points:

1) I didn't stereotype, I just said that those audiophiles who tend to expect technology to fix everything won't be happy. I never said all audiophiles.  :nono:
2) Costco calls these premium digital hearing aids, but those are mid-tier instruments. Clever marketing aside, it's misleading and grossly simplifies the complexity of hearing loss. Your example of "all audiophiles on earth breathe oxygen" is also misleading because oxygen is generally bad, and potentially toxic in pure form. What you probably meant to say is "the air that all audiophiles breathe in contains about 21% oxygen". :duh:

Frans

• Has anyone seen my last marble?
« Reply #41 on: 19 Nov 2012, 10:06 am »
Could audiology companies create loudspeakers (or technology) geared towards reproducing ambient music to better suit individuals with specific hearing losses? Is it possible given conventional speaker design and electronics?

That's a much more interesting topic!

JerryLove

« Reply #42 on: 19 Nov 2012, 11:53 pm »
1) I didn't stereotype, I just said that those audiophiles who tend to expect technology to fix everything won't be happy. I never said all audiophiles.  :nono:
2) Costco calls these premium digital hearing aids, but those are mid-tier instruments. Clever marketing aside, it's misleading and grossly simplifies the complexity of hearing loss. Your example of "all audiophiles on earth breathe oxygen" is also misleading because oxygen is generally bad, and potentially toxic in pure form. What you probably meant to say is "the air that all audiophiles breathe in contains about 21% oxygen". :duh:
1) That's a parsing not clear in a plain reading of your sentence; but within the possible realm of ambiguity.
2) So what? Since when did "premium" have a objective or absolute meaning? Starbucks calls its coffee premium too.

And I said what I meant. I listen to Salk speakers. Do you think I meant they were the only speakers I've listened to? I don't believe a single person interpreted my statement the way you have claimed to... not even you.

That said: I think I'm done participating in a thread derailment. Feel free to find a place to post about hearing aids if you wish to continue the conversation.

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #43 on: 20 Nov 2012, 12:01 am »