Friday date dinner.

woodsyi

• Facilitator
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Friday date dinner.
« on: 20 Jul 2007, 07:20 pm »
It's Friday and I have a date with my wife.  It's my turn to treat so here is what I am going to do.

Start with this shrimp cocktail.
http://recipe.aol.com/recipe/grilled-shrimp-cocktail-with-yellow-gazpacho-salsa/843
Match it with a very pleasing and inexpensive 2005 Navarro Gewurztraminer http://www.navarrowine.com/shop/productdetail.php?prodid=546 which works really well with mildly spicy food.

Salad is a simple Romain one where I split the heart in half and dress it with my own pureed and strained garlic anchovy dressing. 

For the main course, we are having surf and turf.  Actually, she only gets surf since she does not eat meat.  To make up for her loss, I do a little side crab cake that I "stuff" her tail with.  I add a little garlic to butter before melting to get my own version of garlic beurre noisette. 

I just get a little plain tail and a little grass fed organic fillet.  She stays with the same wine but I switch to a nice 2003 Pierre Usseglio CDP.     

Dessert is a bowl of freshly peeled lychee's with a glass of nicely chilled Moscato D'asti.  Honey dew melon would go better with the Moscato but the lychee's need to be eaten and I don't have a dessert Gewurztraminer (perfect for lychee's) handy at the moment.  Sometimes, you just have to make do with what you got.  :wink:

What are you having?

bluewax

Re: Friday date dinner.
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jul 2007, 07:31 pm »

When I finally close down this statistical software and clamshell my laptop... *several beers*

PhishPhan

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jul 2007, 07:49 pm »

What are you having?

I'll just be drinking my own saliva after reading your menu. Man, that sounds tasty. :drool:

mfsoa

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jul 2007, 08:13 pm »
Hotdogs at a minor-league baseball game, then fireworks after.

ricmon

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jul 2007, 08:14 pm »
Tonight it'll be a nice 1 inch thick stake (grass fed and no growth hormones or antibiotics from Wegmans grocery) grilled with hard wood charcoal with wasabi coleslaw and beer.

mca

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jul 2007, 08:18 pm »
Where does one get wasabi coleslaw? Sounds good  :o

bluewax

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jul 2007, 08:23 pm »

Nothing like a summertime minor league baseball game... Who's the hometown team?

Hotdogs at a minor-league baseball game, then fireworks after.

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #7 on: 20 Jul 2007, 08:31 pm »

Fresh silver salmon with lemon/caper sauce and for the vegies, fresh organic asparagus with lemon butter sauce.

Raj

mfsoa

« Reply #8 on: 20 Jul 2007, 08:33 pm »
Somerset (New Jersey) Patriots.

We try to go at least once a season. Nice, clean ballpark. Cheap tickets, expensive food. (Hmmm, correlation there?)

mcullinan

« Reply #9 on: 20 Jul 2007, 08:36 pm »
Nice.. can you please get divorced, go gai, then marry me. Of course I will have to do the same.
W/e yeah that sounds really really weird!  :D

I will be luxuriating in a line of smog emitting cars whilst I talk to a bird crapped on Menu de la Fiesta Taco Bell...
Then I will driveth my rustieth car hometh and say De Nada... Its Taco Bell..

Then at 10pm we turn all the lights off in the house put on some Tchaikovsky, she spreads her legs.. I spread mine..  then we whip out our Bic lighters and proceed to light our farts in time to the 1812 Overture.
 :D :D :D :P :P :P :P
Mike