New Local ARC dealer

Mr Peabody

New Local ARC dealer
« on: 24 Jul 2018, 01:50 am »
I thought you all may want to know that At Home Theatr Designs in Lake St. Louis has Audio Research now, his demo pieces will be in this week.  I will post back when I find the models.

I heard the 160M's at Axpona driving Wilson, I forget the model.  I was absolutely thrilled by those amps and up to that point not even an ARC fan.  They sounded so beautifully musical playing Dvorsak Dunky Trio yet out right starled me on another Classical tracks crescendo.  I mean that transient had slam.  I never thought I'd say $30k was a value, but, by comparison to other things I heard in that price the 160M's are stellar.  I believe the preamp was the Ref 6

Mr Peabody

Re: New Local ARC dealer
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2018, 02:43 am »
The Foundation pre, power and phono stage is on display

kentj1948

Calibration Record for Haflter DH161 Equalizer
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2018, 01:22 am »
Last summer, at Abbe's Honduras Fundraiser, someone bought a donated Hafler DH161 Equalizer.  The donor has recently given me the calibration LP that is used with the equalizer.  If anyone has the equalizer or knows who bought it, please get in touch with me so that you can get the record.  Thanks for the help. Kent Johnson 636-399-8053

kentj1948

Calibration Record for Haflter DH161 Equalizer
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2018, 01:26 am »
Why didn't this start a new topic?  I can't figure out how to delete it. Help!

Last summer, at Abbe's Honduras Fundraiser, someone bought a donated Hafler DH161 Equalizer.  The donor has recently given me the calibration LP that is used with the equalizer.  If anyone has the equalizer or knows who bought it, please get in touch with me so that you can get the record.  Thanks for the help. Kent Johnson 636-399-8053

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: Calibration Record for Haflter DH161 Equalizer
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2018, 01:16 am »
Why didn't this start a new topic?  I can't figure out how to delete it. Help!
Despite the fact I'm the 'mod' here, I'm unable to delete posts like I used to be able to.
Not quite sure what my "abilities" are any more.   :scratch:
I feel kinda useless if I can't clean up a thread. 

wedweb

« Reply #5 on: 31 Jul 2018, 03:07 am »
Bob,

Under your name it says "Facilitator".

Bo

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #6 on: 31 Jul 2018, 03:11 am »
Bob,

Under your name it says "Facilitator".

Bo
Scroll all the way to the top. The page says:
Circles » Community » Regional Audiophiles » Gateway Audio Society (Moderator: Bob in St. Louis)

Obviously neither means much any more.  :dunno: