« Reply #20 on: 13 Mar 2009, 11:24 pm »
Indeed.  Cheers.

jimdgoulding

Re: anyone try this tweak?
« Reply #21 on: 8 Jul 2009, 05:55 pm »
Other bump.  Read me.  Cheers.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #22 on: 8 Jul 2009, 08:30 pm »
...free enterprise is a wonderful thing...
« Last Edit: 9 Jul 2009, 04:18 pm by es347 »

jimdgoulding

« Reply #23 on: 9 Jul 2009, 01:23 am »
You can talk to me, mate.  I offend your sensibilities or something?  The Billy Mays thing was shoddy but you are forgiven.  Delacriox made an inquiry.  I can and did respond.  It's helpful to some people that I am responsive.  I even get thanked sometimes.  BTW, nice room.       

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #24 on: 9 Jul 2009, 02:17 am »
Thanks and thanks.  Just yanking your chain...sell away mate. :lol:

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #25 on: 9 Jul 2009, 02:20 am »
bump.. :wink:

SoundsGood

• VON SCHWEIKERT VR-7SE - "THE VAST"
« Reply #26 on: 11 Sep 2009, 07:33 pm »
http://www.diffractionbegone.com/index.html

I gather they offer a VSA fit.

Yes, I made some for my VR-7se and it worked great.  See my post and photos.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #27 on: 11 Sep 2009, 08:55 pm »
Do you run with or without grills?  Can you describe the improvement in sound?

SoundsGood

« Reply #28 on: 11 Sep 2009, 10:26 pm »

Without the grills. 
I'm still experimenting.  I put some more treatment on the next beveled edges, covered the entire front surfaces of the MT module and that improved it even more.  It's getting a little wierd looking, sticking on pieces here and there.  Once I determine how much and where it's needed to optimize the effect I'll have to clean it up before I consider it finished.  There may be other materials better suited, I just grabbed the first thing that looked good.

The imaging focus improved.  Small details were less ambiguous, more clearly difined.  The bass also seemed to improve in definition, perhaps the harmonics from the upper frequencies?  It always impresses me when an improvement in one area effects something on the other end.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #29 on: 11 Sep 2009, 11:43 pm »

The imaging focus improved.  Small details were less ambiguous, more clearly difined.  The bass also seemed to improve in definition, perhaps the harmonics from the upper frequencies?  It always impresses me when an improvement in one area effects something on the other end.

Allow the old man to chime in here.  Sounds like an improvement to me.  Good for you, SoundsGood, for discovering this. 

SoundsGood

« Reply #30 on: 12 Sep 2009, 12:12 am »

Allow the old man to chime in here.  Sounds like an improvement to me.  Good for you, SoundsGood, for discovering this.

Your product is probably the way to go after it's all said and done.  I just wanted to try it out for myself and it definitely works.  It is certainly one of the most cost effective improvements one can do and for $49 bucks you can't go wrong.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #31 on: 12 Sep 2009, 12:27 am »

Your product is probably the way to go after it's all said and done.  I just wanted to try it out for myself and it definitely works.  It is certainly one of the most cost effective improvements one can do and for $49 bucks you can't go wrong.
Nice of you to say that.  Thanks.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #32 on: 12 Sep 2009, 02:56 pm »
I don't doubt what you are hearing but the idea of sticking something on that beautiful gloss black finish makes me a bit light headed  :slap:

SoundsGood

« Reply #33 on: 12 Sep 2009, 04:19 pm »
I don't doubt what you are hearing but the idea of sticking something on that beautiful gloss black finish makes me a bit light headed  :slap:
Perhaps incorporating it into the grill might work for you?

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #34 on: 12 Sep 2009, 07:49 pm »
Not sure how you'd do that.

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #35 on: 12 Sep 2009, 08:41 pm »
Hi Guys,

I know a bit about tweaking.
Beware don't tweak the music away.
It is the room who makes the music togehter with the instruments.

Cor

Bracer

« Reply #36 on: 14 Sep 2009, 01:01 am »
What I have in mind could be cut by you to fit inside of your grilles if you use VR4jr's. 
Could you clarify what you had in mind? Photos?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #37 on: 14 Sep 2009, 03:11 am »
Thanks for your inquiry, Bracer.  In general, I can fit to the inside of grill frames when there is one or to the dimensions of the grill itself and I can reduce the depth of the pad when need be.  Don't have any pictures, however, sorry.  I would surround the dome only in the case of most speaks to include SoundsGood's as this is where in the frequency domain the business is most improved.  Without spot checking the crossover to the ribbon on his model I imagine that it is very high up and beyond leading edge information.  Waveforms from his mid range driver are longer and traveling around his/our enclosures regardless.  I certainly do admire what SoundsGood has done, however, and the results as described sound very familiar.