VR-7SE newsflash

fplanner2000

VR-7SE newsflash
« on: 29 Mar 2009, 10:52 pm »
Just added a 2nd VAC 300.1, so driving each speaker with 300 VAC tube watts.  WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN BASS and presentation!!!  Apparently I have never really "heard" these speakers, including when Albert was tuning my room!!  I had to turn my DD-15 sub down so much it was barely on.  New authority in the presentation like nothing I've heard before.  Albert told me a few weeks ago that the 7's love power and that I would be happy with the mono arrangement.  I am MORE than happy - its like I just got new speakers!!!

The reason this is a new thread is because I want to make sure other 7 owners or potential owners see this information.  I've had my speakers for about 1 year and they have sounded very good, but now they are just in a different league!!  I don't see why anybody using mono-blocks would ever pick the 9's over the 7's - I can now hear what these speakers can really do.  I am now truly "breaking in" the bass drivers 1 year after I've been using the speakers!!! Unbelievable....  These speakers should come with the warning that you won't really hear what they can do unless you provide lots of power.....(hint, hint, Albert....)