Connecting Servo Subs

JackD

Re: Connecting Servo Subs
« Reply #20 on: 26 Jun 2021, 01:48 am »
Might want to also look at the integrateds from Quicksilver and Cayin. I would allow myself some headroom and not get to close to minimum.

Chewbacca

« Reply #21 on: 26 Jun 2021, 01:53 am »
My apologies. I wasn't aware of the Integrated intentions, certainly - High Level :duh:

I was more on the tangent of seeing others post of people saying they prefer High Level regardless of the ability to use a second output from a preamp - Just never fully understood it I guess :scratch:

Chewbacca

« Reply #22 on: 26 Jun 2021, 02:15 am »
https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649738792-eastern-electric-minimax-integrated/

I've never heard one, but EE always got great reviews from what I've read, and I've really enjoyed their minimax dac.

Toss some tube connectors in there and it may impress. If not, you can sell it and you'll know if 8 watts was enough or not for your NX-tremes... or at least give you enough time to figure out what you really want! :thumb:

Just an idea. For the price, it doesn't look like a bad piece at all.

subsonic1050

« Reply #23 on: 26 Jun 2021, 04:05 am »
JackD - I actually had also considered the Cayin. However, 2 problems - one, it still doesn't have a regulated line out, and 2 it sounds from the reviews that it may be a bit bright and revealing. That's not the type of sound I'm looking for.

Chewbacca - that does look like a sweet little amp. Still though, no line outs. It seems that the Doge 10 is the only integrated tube amp under 2k that has that feature. The next one I can find is the PrimaLuna Evo 300. That's kind of the reason for this thread - if I don't need to care about the line outs it opens up so many options.

EdwardT

« Reply #24 on: 26 Jun 2021, 02:27 pm »
I'm slightly worried that the 8 or 9 watts per channel on the Elekit will not be enough for the NX-tremes, also is only an amp - not integrated - would need some kind of preamp.
I'm currently using a Decware SE34I.4 amp and the 6.5 watt output isn’t enough to drive GR X-LS Encores to a sufficiently pleasing level. I’m just guessing you'd have a similar not-so-happy result. My listening position is 15 ft. away, though, so if you are closer that would make a difference.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #25 on: 26 Jun 2021, 02:46 pm »
PS Audio has the Sprout that would be a good match.