X-Statik about a whole new world of sound!

Shives

• I like French fries
X-Statik about a whole new world of sound!
« on: 26 Jun 2021, 04:51 pm »
Well, trip done! Safe and sound..

New X-Statik

I would like to thanks some members for feedback, help, ideas… And letting go of them!

ApStoltz, went off without hiccup! Thanks for working with me, and helping out! Can’t wait to see what you get next!
Hobbs for the info, and help..
Danny for info an help, as well Killian and Joe
E-zze for listening to me, as well ideas, thoughts and good conversation, super great guy! Can’t wait to work more with. 
Peter j cabinets to die for!!
Chris in FL building his super computer to take over the world! Don’t know your user name.
TomlinsonGt another great person to work with and talk with. I’ve missed a ton I know.

Call me corny, I don’t care! Manors are a lost art! Each one of you have reached out to help, share and build ideas.. some advise sucked. Ha ha. But it’s was true, and welcomed!

On to cleaning up these, setting up and more. No res and such is coming. I hope to get it this week.

At a little impasse with the rear speakers.. but I’ll over-come.

Thanks again

Shives

• I like French fries
Re: X-Statik about a whole new world of sound!
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2021, 08:10 pm »
I have a question that I’ll post rather then bothering anyone to see what’s been done if anything.

I would like to refinish them a little. The venere is in good shape, has very small hair line crack.. I was looking to sand them down when doing the no Rez and other things and put a coat of something over them. Looks like a satin finish.. I’m going through and cleaning them up for now, and would like ideas and thoughts.

Don’t know if anyone has done this?

Thanks.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2021, 09:30 pm »
The type of finish on them has a lot to do with how you would go about refinishing. Some types of finish are easy to repair while others are next to impossible. I strongly suggest using the bottom of the speakers as guinea pigs rather than making a mess where it will be seen. Once you figure out what works, you can always sand the bottoms back use DuraTex on them. I prefer DuraTex on the bottom of floorstanding speakers.

Shives

• I like French fries
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2021, 10:14 pm »
Thanks man.. black part, or back or the cabinets are ok. I won’t be doing those. They are good. Just the baffle. Top area has a couple small cracks, I would like to scuff up, clean and put a clear coat, poly, varnish, clear coat over them.
 Just to make sure they don’t get worse. I don’t want to add anything to thick, that will screw with mounting a little possibly. From that point try and keep up on them with what ever is recommended. (Guess would depend on what’s used for top coat.

So, that leave a little small patch to see if a top coat reacts with the finish that’s there.

After I do the no res and swap the wire, upgrade a couple things it will be the last step before putting driver back.

So, want to start to gather up products to try, suggestions.

Thanks.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jun 2021, 11:10 pm »
Thanks man.. black part, or back or the cabinets are ok. I won’t be doing those. They are good. Just the baffle. Top area has a couple small cracks, I would like to scuff up, clean and put a clear coat, poly, varnish, clear coat over them.
 Just to make sure they don’t get worse. I don’t want to add anything to thick, that will screw with mounting a little possibly. From that point try and keep up on them with what ever is recommended. (Guess would depend on what’s used for top coat.

So, that leave a little small patch to see if a top coat reacts with the finish that’s there.

After I do the no res and swap the wire, upgrade a couple things it will be the last step before putting driver back.

So, want to start to gather up products to try, suggestions.

Thanks.

Ask Danny if he knows what type of topcoat Santiago used on those or maybe Santiago will chime in. I'm sure he has done touch ups on his cabinets so would know what procedure works best.

Good luck.

Shives

• I like French fries
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jun 2021, 01:59 am »
Thanks man! I do love this place. I just cleaned them up, little bath so to speak. Hooked them up for a quick listen..

What a difference. It’s clear I need to setting up, and may need to swing my room 180deg but, what a dam difference. I’m in a smaller room right now.. so it’s tight but walking away the sound just fills the room. Sound stage.. I did not really need to do much of anything. It was there. Wonky a little cause of the setup but there.

Again, huge difference from Klipsch monitors even with upgrades. I’m think already I want to upgrade the sonic caps and such. Thanks much for the info! Why I love posting here. You’ll find what you need.