For Sale VR 5 Anniversary MK2's Hand Built by Albert

gammajo

Exceptional Opportunity! One of Kind  - hand-built by Albert Von Schweikert himself. As gift of friendship, he selected all drivers for best quality and matched them (left to right) within one tenth of a decibel throughout their range and matched internal damping within three tenths of an ounce. These exact tolerances result in unrivaled stereo imaging and revelation of detail.

Don't worry, staying in the family - going for the VR55's

Please see add at Trading post: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=132548.0

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
Re: For Sale VR 5 Anniversary MK2's Hand Built by Albert
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2015, 03:19 am »
Congrats!  I visited VSA last wk and had an opportunity to visit w/Albert, view the work in progress and listen to the 55's again.  Discuss with Albert the upside to adding the Ultra's to the cable chain.  Best,  Jack-Houston

gammajo

« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2015, 03:45 am »
JAB
 I paid my first visit to Albert and was delighted by him and the team - what a great organization! enjoyed my time with the 55's enough to order. Are you still getting a pair in African Hazelwood or has that changed?

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2015, 03:09 pm »
I've decided on a Macadamia Metallic finish for my incoming 55's.  It'll blend seamlessly with the color palate of the room where the 55's  will reside.

gammajo

« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2015, 03:56 pm »
Way cool!

Mountainjoe

• President & CEO Eigen Audio Dealer
    • Eigen Audio
« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2015, 07:30 pm »
Congrats!  I visited VSA last wk and had an opportunity to visit w/Albert, view the work in progress and listen to the 55's again.  Discuss with Albert the upside to adding the Ultra's to the cable chain.  Best,  Jack-Houston

Hi Jack - I'm new to the forum but long time owner of VSA speakers and soon to be in possession of a pair of piano black VR-55s :D

I'm curious about the comment regarding the Ultra cables and the VR-55s as I've been thinking about new speaker cables to complement these speakers - what did Albert have to say about this combination?

Cheers, Joe

gammajo

« Reply #6 on: 20 Feb 2015, 12:15 am »
Mountainjoe
 YMMV but I am very much enjoying a full loom of Masterbuilt Signatures (include the important PCs as well as speaker cable, couple with Ultra interconnect and my Annis never sounded better. I plan to keep with cabling choice for the new 55's as well. In my expereice without cable cooking The Ultra sounds great initially, the gets a bit funky for a bit, then settles in and gets to its full potential in 500 plus hours.

gammajo

« Reply #7 on: 28 Feb 2015, 02:54 am »
Had two excellent offers in two days and my VR5 Anni Mk2s are now sold, packed, and on their way to their lucky and very wonderful to deal with new owner.

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #8 on: 28 Feb 2015, 11:36 pm »
Hello Fellow Audiophiles,

We have sold an unbelievable quantity of the new VR-55 Aktives, we don't know why this model is now our best seller, but we can't complain!  One of our local customers has just traded in a mint pair of VR-5 Anniversary Mk2's in Dark Red Cherry veneer with all of the latest upgrades.  We are offering these for sale, factory direct, as our local dealers are too busy to sell used products.

Please contact me or Mr. Lee at (951) 682-0706 if you have any interest in purchasing a mint pair of these fine speakers.

Happy Listening,

Albert