Latest Live Shows You've Been To...

s_cervin

Re: Latest Live Shows You've Been To...
« Reply #520 on: 19 Nov 2009, 11:30 pm »
Might have seen my best Phish show last night!  Maybe it is because I haven't been since 2000.  Great energy, fun crowd (least amount of glow sticks I've seen), and a great setlist.  This is probably the last show at Cobo hall and Phish hadn't played Detroit since early '90s.  Go grab the tapes, it is OLD SCHOOL Phish!

Set I:
AC/DC Bag
Foam
Stealing Time From The Faulty Plan
Bouncing Around The Room
Sample In A Jar
Kill Devil Falls
It's Ice
Horn
Mountains In The Mist
Poor Heart
46 Days
David Bowie

Set II:
Runaway Jim
Down With Disease>
Free>
Waste>
Taste
Bug
Wading In The Velvet Sea
Mike's Song>
I Am Hydrogen>
Weekapaug Groove
Cavern

ENCORE:
Character Zero
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2009, 01:14 am by s_cervin »

Stu Pitt

« Reply #521 on: 20 Nov 2009, 05:56 pm »
Metallica in Madsion Square Garden on Sunday Nov. 15.  Excellent show and setlist.  A couple of rare gems were played...

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Creeping Death
The Shortest Straw
Fade To Black
Broken, Beat And Scarred
My Apocalypse
Sad But True
One
The Judas Kiss
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Dyers Eve
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

Encore:
Last Caress (Misfits cover)
Trapped Under Ice
Seek & Destroy

Trapped Under Ice is one of the most rare songs ever played by Metallica.  Its been played less than 20 times in 25 years.  The Shortest Straw hasn't been played in so long that it took Lars (drummer) about 5 or 6 times to play it right for the motion capture in Guitar Hero Metallica.  Fans used to show up to concerts wearing t-shirts that they wrote "Please Play Dyers Eve!!!" on them.  They played all three that night.

I haven't seen them since the Black album tour in '92.  As they've aged, they've gone from playing angry (in a good way) to what seems like 4 guys who just love to play their music.  An interesting change.  Its equally entertaining.

Even if you're just a casual fan, you should check them out.  One guy I went with wasn't into them too much.  Now he won't shut up about them and has borrowed abunch of my CDs.

A really cool thing is that they have all their concerts available to download from the live website.  I downloaded the concert I saw in FLAC.  It sounds pretty good. 

orthobiz

« Reply #522 on: 22 Nov 2009, 10:55 pm »
This month:

Boston:
House of Blues: Mute Math and As Tall As Lions
Orpheum: Cranberries

Chicago:
Aragon Ballroom: Jay Reatard and THE PIXIES!!!

Paul

Jumpin

« Reply #523 on: 23 Nov 2009, 03:26 pm »
David Gray at WaMu in NY.  Are any of you fans of David?  Dylan, Van Morrison and Springsteen influences.  Perfectionist with his live sound.  Solid new CD.  One of my current faves, for sure.

sts9fan

« Reply #524 on: 23 Nov 2009, 03:34 pm »
It was a good Felice show last Thursday but unfortuately is was GREATLY overshadowed by The Dirty Projectors EPICNESS two nights earlier. 

I will say that I am starting to hate the Felice "pattern" of their shows.  One up, one down, one up, one down. 

Ruby Mae

« Reply #525 on: 23 Nov 2009, 03:44 pm »
It was a good Felice show last Thursday but unfortuately is was GREATLY overshadowed by The Dirty Projectors EPICNESS two nights earlier. 

I will say that I am starting to hate the Felice "pattern" of their shows.  One up, one down, one up, one down.

I saw Felice Brothers with Old Crow Medicine Show at the end of the summer and they really didn't sound very good.   They just aren't the same without Simone.

sts9fan

« Reply #526 on: 23 Nov 2009, 04:13 pm »
I agree on the Simon thing.  I will still always check them out but something needs to change.  I think they are a bit stagnent. 

toobluvr

« Reply #527 on: 23 Nov 2009, 06:39 pm »

I think the Felice Brothers are self destructing. Drug induced or not, I dunno.

I'm not surprised.  When I saw them about a year ago I got a very strange vibe about the band.  The performance was good, but I felt some weird internal dynamic occurring onstage among the members that was not positive.  I can't put my finger on it...just something I felt.

And the bass player seemed very drugged out......heroin is my guess. 

I even commented to friends that I would not be surprised if they were on the verge of crashing and burning.  Unless they right the ship, their best days may be behind them........unfortunately.

Demarche

« Reply #528 on: 24 Nov 2009, 04:33 am »
Saw Them Crooked Vultures last night.

Great band & fantastic show!
If you're not familiar with these guys, it's Dave Grohl's latest side project/"supergroup" w/  :bowdown: John Paul Jones, and Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age). I was blown away by Dave Grohl's drumming - he's monster! JPJ looked to be having a blast playing with these guys.

toobluvr

« Reply #529 on: 24 Nov 2009, 01:39 pm »
Saw Them Crooked Vultures last night.

Great band & fantastic show!
If you're not familiar with these guys, it's Dave Grohl's latest side project/"supergroup" w/  :bowdown: John Paul Jones, and Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age). I was blown away by Dave Grohl's drumming - he's monster! JPJ looked to be having a blast playing with these guys.

A friend saw them at Austin City Limits last month and said they were incredible.  Apparently, the entire town was buzzing about their performance.

Demarche

« Reply #530 on: 24 Nov 2009, 04:04 pm »
Toobluvr,
Your freind was spot on & TCV certainly lived up to whatever hype/buzz you may have heard about.
I've read some mixed reviews about the album and I'm not terribly surprised if it doesn't translate very well to a studio effort. Josh H is a really good guitar player but IMHO he's just an average vocalist and that will probably get highlighted on any album they do.
Still I highly recommend seeing them if you get the chance.

Len_Dreyer

« Reply #531 on: 21 Dec 2009, 08:12 pm »
Saw a great Lee "Scratch" Perry show last night at the Catalyst with my nephew & two sons. Irie Christmas.

stlrman

« Reply #532 on: 22 Dec 2009, 03:12 pm »
Rickie Lee Jones in Pittsburgh     at Carnegie Theater in Homestead
I had 3 row seats. She and her band sounded FATASTIC !!  Rob Wasserman on bass. Her new album material sounds great ! All in all a great show.
Todd

Len_Dreyer

« Reply #533 on: 30 Dec 2009, 12:50 am »
Last night, we saw Railroad Earth, a great band, at the Fillmore in San Francisco. If you like your acoustic music, folky and jammy, check them out. Highly recommended.

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #534 on: 22 Jan 2010, 05:39 pm »
went to see ANI DIFRANCO with Gaby Moreno  as the opening act

:thumb:

sts9fan

« Reply #535 on: 22 Jan 2010, 06:14 pm »
I am going to Ani on the 30th!!

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #536 on: 22 Jan 2010, 09:28 pm »
I am going to Ani on the 30th!!

It's a good show

thebearded1

« Reply #537 on: 22 Jan 2010, 11:31 pm »
ray lamontagne at the Beacon, NYC......

Ruby Mae

« Reply #538 on: 23 Jan 2010, 02:01 am »
ray lamontagne at the Beacon, NYC......

so how was the show?  :scratch:

pjchappy

« Reply #539 on: 23 Jan 2010, 05:09 pm »
Well, last night, I bought two 6th row, center-stage floor tickets for Eric Clapton in KC on 3/3.  Didn't even know he was coming until last night, so I had to pay a premium for these. . . :roll:  But, I'm a big fan, so I'm sure it'll be worth it.  :dance:

Will be my 3rd time seeing Clapton.  Last time was in 2002 or 2003.

Paul