Multiplayer

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Multiplayer
« on: 4 Oct 2007, 01:03 am »
Halo 3 of couse, is there any other game as well known for its multiplayer excellence?

Unfortunately I have mostly had to merely read about it, but here is a review that give the Multiplayer a 10/10

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/games/halo-3-multiplayer.ars

Anyone gotten to do much multiplayer? It looks like lots of hours of fun are available in multiplayer, just from playing the campaign with others over Live!, and that is something I am definitely looking foprward to.

Woodsea

Re: Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: 4 Oct 2007, 01:09 am »
Seriously, the best gaming I have ever done has been multi.  Hopefully, in January after I get back from the states with a new 360 in tow, I can start multiplaying.   Don't forget about StarCraft2 guys, when that is out, I should be able to play natively.

AdamM

• Robotbreeder.com
« Reply #2 on: 4 Oct 2007, 12:41 pm »
Halo 3 is really JUST a multiplayer game

The single person experience is pretty short and not overly compelling...  You can tell it wasn't a focus whatsoever.

Multiplayer however, good times!

mcullinan

« Reply #3 on: 4 Oct 2007, 01:21 pm »
Best multiplayer game bar none  was the original Unreal playing capture the flag. Quake 3 is up there too.
The hardest thing in Multiplayer is capturing the action with a sense of depth and control in the game.

I also like Syphon Filter for the PSP...  Battlefield, Orig Duke Nukem, MOH, original Ghost Recon.. for Multiplayer
Mike
« Last Edit: 4 Oct 2007, 01:35 pm by mcullinan »

jermmd

« Reply #4 on: 4 Oct 2007, 01:45 pm »
Unreal Tournament 2004 was my favorite online game. Half life Team fortress was the game that I first discovered the multiplayer experience on and Counter Strike is still one of the most popular online games.

mcullinan

« Reply #5 on: 4 Oct 2007, 01:56 pm »
Unreal Tournament 2004 was my favorite online game. Half life Team fortress was the game that I first discovered the multiplayer experience on and Counter Strike is still one of the most popular online games.
I never got to play HL since Im a Mac guy... I wish i could.. tho I feel an Xbox360 in my future..if its on that
Mike

jaywills

« Reply #6 on: 4 Oct 2007, 02:48 pm »
UT2k4, assault & Quake3 Team Arena, CTF provided some of the most memorable FPS multi-player fun I can remember.  Diablo II multiplayer sucked up a lot of my time too, IIRC (Mac hardware only).

AdamM

• Robotbreeder.com
« Reply #7 on: 4 Oct 2007, 09:15 pm »
Best multiplayer?:  World of Warcraft  (it's Mac too)

Many months and a lot of enerdy have been spent inside that black hole of multiplayer goodness.

Woodsea

« Reply #8 on: 5 Oct 2007, 12:00 am »
Hey anyone have Supreme Commander?  I have dual-booty into XP and OsX and installed Supreme Commander today.  Give me a week, and I should be able to not embarrass myself.
Quake2 & 3, DungeonSeige, Total Annihilation, and StarCraft were my time hoggers on line.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #9 on: 6 Oct 2007, 01:49 am »

Many months and a lot of enerdy have been spent inside that black hole of multiplayer goodness.

I have been wondering about WOW now that I have a true gamers card in the PC. My conception of the game is 100 (200?) D&D types have to meet online late at night just to play...what am I missing?

Thump553

« Reply #10 on: 25 Oct 2007, 02:49 am »
To me the ultimate multiplayer game has been Diablo 2 LOD, played coop with decent people.  Nothing I have ever tried since then has even come close.  I wish someone would make a similar new game (my latest big hope-Hellgate London-seems to me like just another first person shooter from a very brief experience with the demo version).

AdamM

• Robotbreeder.com
« Reply #11 on: 25 Oct 2007, 09:26 am »

I have been wondering about WOW now that I have a true gamers card in the PC. My conception of the game is 100 (200?) D&D types have to meet online late at night just to play...what am I missing?

WoW is simply one of the best games ever.  My dad, retired, in his 60's - he started playing and is HOOKED.  He's got a few level 70 characters now. He's so into it.

WoW doed a really good job of understanding reward structures and timing them out.  So many different layers of gameplay, something for everyone.  Easy to learn, difficult to master. 

Yes, you can play with a bunch of people, or just a few, or by yourself.  I'd play with my girlfriend and we'd wander around meeting people and exploring the world.  I'm not a huge D&D fan, but this game is an exception. Massively an exception.  11 million+ subscribed users.

Be careful!  You'll get hooked.  Don't say i didn't warn you  :wink: