What can 6 million buy you nowadays?

raov1

« Last Edit: 8 Feb 2008, 02:18 am by raov1 »

SET Man

Re: What can 6 million buy you nowadays?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Feb 2008, 02:26 am »
Hey!

:lol: Whoa! All those tubes just to watch movie with fake sounds?  :lol:

Seem like a waste to me... OK I'm not a home theater kindna guy  :icon_lol: Wonder how that system with plain vanilla 2 channels music  :scratch:

I wish I had $6M to buy audio right now... it won't be like that and I will still keep my current system in another room. :wink:

Oh! well it is his money after all. :roll:  Hope he doesn't trip over those amp walking out. :lol:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #2 on: 8 Feb 2008, 02:34 am »
I don't see any cables...   :scratch:

Cheers

mjosef

« Reply #3 on: 8 Feb 2008, 03:52 am »
Hey BUddy...what 'fake sounds'?  :lol: Man, watching a movie in there with all the 'realistic' sounds would suck you right into the movie...you'd swear its reality.  :lol:
Oh and for that price, who would want cables showing...for that price I would find you some invisible cables...to the ends of the earth I search, and beyond.  :thumb:

But seriously...that is overkill. Just 1mil. would be plenty...unless they included constructing the room itself.

SET Man

« Reply #4 on: 8 Feb 2008, 05:00 am »
Hey BUddy...what 'fake sounds'?  :lol: Man, watching a movie in there with all the 'realistic' sounds would suck you right into the movie...you'd swear its reality.  :lol:
Oh and for that price, who would want cables showing...for that price I would find you some invisible cables...to the ends of the earth I search, and beyond.  :thumb:

But seriously...that is overkill. Just 1mil. would be plenty...unless they included constructing the room itself.

Hey!

Oh! I mean those sound effect :lol: Well, as you probably already know I'm not a HT guy  :icon_lol:

Yeah, I think it is overkill too. But! When you got too much money to spend, nothing is overkill my friend  aa

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

raov1

« Reply #5 on: 8 Feb 2008, 07:53 pm »
With all those tubes ... I wonder what would be the room temperature after a couple of hours of movie watching?

:lol:

tanchiro58

« Reply #6 on: 8 Feb 2008, 08:07 pm »
I believe this studio using all 8x McIntosh MC2102 amplifiers as monoblocs. Do the $6millions include the electricity bills monthly or yearly? He maybe got "super ears" and a "big heart" which could handle all the speakers and subs in that small room.  :lol:

JimJ

• Ut Prosim
« Reply #7 on: 8 Feb 2008, 09:38 pm »
I saw that posted on another forum I'm on, not really impressed... :|

I'd rather have this: http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10834

:D

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #8 on: 8 Feb 2008, 09:52 pm »
The flare rate near the mouths of the bass horns looks all wrong and the signal for all other drivers would have to be very delayed to compensate for the extreme distance of the bass drivers, so the output from all that exotic tube gear would have to be passed through  digital delays.

Unfortunately, I think this is fundamentally wrong headed in basic concept, although I'll bet the owner spent many happy hours planning it.

Also, you could buy this for only one million dollars:

http://www.kharma.com/_images/products/enigma/e-800.jpg

so I guess you could do 5.0 surround for only $2,500,000. I don't think you would need the ".1"!

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #9 on: 8 Feb 2008, 10:47 pm »
the signal for all other drivers would have to be very delayed to compensate for the extreme distance of the bass drivers,

I'm guessing 3 or 4 days delay ought to about cover it.   :lol:

All that effort, and look at the size of the room. No room treatments anywhere to be seen.

Wonder if he got a permit to have those things built?  With the frequencies those must be playing, those horns must resonate a ton, even if they are made of concrete. His neighbours must just love him...

More money than brains.   :roll:

Cheers

JimJ

• Ut Prosim
« Reply #10 on: 9 Feb 2008, 02:01 am »
You'd think he'd at least put up a roof or something over those horns...wonder what it sounds like when it rains  :P :duh:

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #11 on: 9 Feb 2008, 02:39 am »
Imagine if some kids got a hold of a cordless drill and some firecrackers.... :bomb:

Cheers   :lol: