Song3's in chen chen with light walnut dye and burst edges - SOLD

jsalk

A customer ordered Song3 speakers done in chen chen veneer (a $200 upgrade).  He also asked to have magnets installed on the rear of the speaker to hold the grills when not in use (a $200 upgrade)

We think they turned out quite stunning.  Unfortunately, just before they were finished, the customer lost his job and could not afford to take delivery.

So he asked us to put them up for sale.

Here are some pictures...

And a close-up...

And a shot of the grill being stored on the rear of the cabinet...

The base price of the Song3's is $3495 per pair, plus shipping.  These are available for $3695 to reflect the cost of the veneer upgrade.  We'll throw in the rear magnets for grill storage for free.

If you are interested, let us know.  I don't expect these to be available very long.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2019, 02:14 pm by jsalk »

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: Song3's in chen chen with light walnut dye and burst edges
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2019, 06:04 pm »
Another stunningly beautiful veneer, & finished acoustic furniture Jim. Someone is going to be very happy with these bad boys.  :thumb:

mcgsxr

« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2019, 07:23 pm »
I have to stop looking at Salk speakers.  Every time is WOW!!!

Those are gorgeous.   :thumb:

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2019, 09:58 pm »
These are stunning speakers, Jim.  Hope they find a good home.

Would you like to audition one of our new SET 400 amplifiers?  I think it would be an outstanding match for your speakers.

Frank

WGH

« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2019, 10:52 pm »
These are stunning speakers, Jim.  Hope they find a good home.

Would you like to audition one of our new SET 400 amplifiers?

Based on my new AVA equipment, I think the Fet Valve CFR preamp and SET 400 should be listened to as a pair. Individually they are both excellent but together the sound is a big, big WOW!
And this is based on my previous electronics: the AVA Fet Valve Hybrid preamp and Synergy 450 amp, which still make excellent music together.

Great looking speakers Jim, they should sell quick. I'm still in love with my mesquite HT2-TL's.