anyone have the goods on this inter-cable please????

2bigears

Re: anyone have the goods on this inter-cable please????
« Reply #20 on: 23 Sep 2006, 07:39 am »
thks 91,noted.may have to buy a box full of these ,have some fun.i love buying low cost--high value gear....money well wasted  AN-Vx is 980.00,getting up there.     :D :D

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #21 on: 23 Sep 2006, 07:50 am »
Not money wasted...your trying things out...then sell them here for everyone else to try and compare...the more you hear, the more you learn.
 And what good is money anyway...its a rate of exchange to buy goods and services....and you can't take it with you when your gone.... :scratch:

2bigears

« Reply #22 on: 23 Sep 2006, 08:08 am »
Chris,i little sonic advice needed please reg preamps.if your player has volume control,which alot have now adays,why have a pre in the way if switchgear is not needed.is there a real clear cut answer here.if you put one in just to have one, it must line up quality wise with the rest of your system your putting it in too,right???? any thoughts on this one???? :D :D

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #23 on: 23 Sep 2006, 08:24 am »
Chris,i little sonic advice needed please reg preamps.if your player has volume control,which alot have now adays,why have a pre in the way if switchgear is not needed.is there a real clear cut answer here.if you put one in just to have one, it must line up quality wise with the rest of your system your putting it in too,right???? any thoughts on this one???? :D :D
Well...Depending on the preamp , it can add or subtract from the sound. When I run a SS amp, I prefer to use a tube preamp for more depth and lush sound. If I run my tube amps, I use a passive preamp. With the hybrid amps....sometimes no preamp at all. I do play cds...cassettes...have a tuner, and a TT....so depends what source I'm using. Then there's TACT...room correction preamps...but I don't own one.
If your using a cdp and a dac....you need a preamp. But simple works too....just cdp and amp.
Like I've said....try different things, see what you like. I like alot of things....therefore I own alot of things....I play musical chairs...equipement switching. Just wish I had a bigger room...its crowded. :scratch:
Have a good nite Pat....catching a few winks now....almost 5AM here.

Chris

2bigears

« Reply #24 on: 23 Sep 2006, 07:02 pm »
two cables i will buy:RSA Poiema 3 Sig. and SlverFi Magician Mk2....these cables look very interesting indeed.. :D :) :D

2bigears

« Reply #25 on: 11 Oct 2006, 02:54 pm »
O.K.,just off the phone with Robert @ RSA,ordered the P3 Sig ic's.these cables will not be his top line for much longer as he has a new line soon out.i sure hope these P3's sound good????  :D 8) :D

tdangelo

« Reply #26 on: 11 Oct 2006, 08:19 pm »
I would recommend and like very much the Rapport (Usher) Topline cables.  Very nice sound - smooth and detailed.  Very good quality for the price too.  They look like they should cost $500+ but can be had for less than $200 or so.  Check with the Hometheaterdoc (Shane).  They beat out some other much more expensive cables in my system. 

YMMV

2bigears

« Reply #27 on: 20 Oct 2006, 05:56 am »
 :D will have the RSA Poiema 111 Sig in house next week.with only Roberts one pair of IC's, and source direct to amp,this test should be easy pickins'.i am running a set of Discovery Sig's presently,i'm hoping for good things with this swap??!!  :D   speaker cables may be next,i think the Zu IBIS sound good though?? any predictions welcome as always.... :D