cvictorg

fredgarvin

Re: VMPS website works from now on...
« Reply #21 on: 8 Jul 2012, 02:26 am »
Ok, I'll play. I guess....yes.

John Casler

« Reply #22 on: 8 Jul 2012, 03:12 am »
http://domainnotfound.optimum.net/cablevassist/dnsassist/main/?domain=www.vmpsaudio.com

Will the site EVER be up again???

VMPS is not actually a web based or oriented company and Brian basically is not a web oriented guy, but he is lucky to have Dubravko (the European VMPS distributor) who is able to put the site up.

However, in case you missed it, Brian has had a couple medical issues lately that has taken his focus, and put the site down on the list.  He did however attempt to get the site transferred as Dubravko had to repair it.  But it looks like the repair was to the old server and it didn't get transfered.  And all the while B has been in and out of the Dr's office and even the hospital during the process.

With "fingers crossed" the old server didn't delete the repaired site files.

So, if you tell me the information you need from the site, I can probably get it for you and post it here, until this gets sorted out.

You can also visit the VMPS Europe site which is pretty close to a sister of the regular VMPS site.

Darac

« Reply #23 on: 9 Jul 2012, 08:04 pm »
The site works over VMPS Europe

mhconley

Re: VMPS website works from now on... REALLY???
« Reply #24 on: 9 Aug 2012, 11:24 am »
 :dunno:

• www.vmpsaudio.com is 404 Not Found from both my home Comcast account and through my work proxy servers.
  • ping /a does not resolve the domain name into an IP address.
  • upordown.net, downforeveryoneorjustme.com and upordown.org all report the site down.

Network Solutions whois database does show vmpsaudio.com registered to Brian Cheney.

:dunno:

Martin

audiomagnate

« Reply #25 on: 2 Sep 2012, 03:14 pm »
VMPS website is no longer infecting your computer, it's just gone. www.vmpsaudio.com

/mp

« Reply #26 on: 2 Sep 2012, 03:49 pm »
JC / BC,

Perhaps one of you will update the price thread on audiocircle as the vmps.com remains down. E.g. the entries for the 30, 40, 50 & 60 series speakers are c.5 years old.

best,
/mp

Darac

« Reply #27 on: 2 Sep 2012, 05:46 pm »
Take it easy boys...

John Casler

« Reply #28 on: 2 Sep 2012, 05:54 pm »
JC / BC,

Perhaps one of you will update the price thread on audiocircle as the vmps.com remains down. E.g. the entries for the 30, 40, 50 & 60 series speakers are c.5 years old.

best,
/mp

As often happens, people see the date the price list was first posted and think that is the last edit.  It has been edited countless times and presently is current on most all products.  It is also the same price list that the Website link would take you to.

Last update was March 26.

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
« Reply #29 on: 2 Sep 2012, 07:49 pm »
I have done everything I know how to restore vmpsaudio.com.  For now I am simply referring everyone to vmpseurope.com and to AC for the price sheet, which is indeed current.

/mp

« Reply #30 on: 3 Sep 2012, 05:35 pm »
Brian,
I am aware of the vmpseurope.com website. It mirrors the vmps.com site if I recall correctly; however, it does not include prices.

John,
Thank you for the clarification. While it is true the price list thread does include the sentence, "This price list is subject to change and supercedes other price lists as it has the ability to respond to price changes more quickly", it is also true the entry gives no indication as to the recency or even the existence of any updating. A reasonable person may read its 2004 date and the 2007 & 2008 dates from subsequent entries and infer that the prices listed are not necessarily current. I constructively suggest adding a single sentence indicating information correct as of  [date].

/mp

« Reply #31 on: 7 Sep 2012, 05:42 pm »
Recently identified last edit date in fine print at bottom so will now attempt to remove foot from mouth.

/mp

John Casler

« Reply #32 on: 7 Sep 2012, 07:09 pm »
Recently identified last edit date in fine print at bottom so will now attempt to remove foot from mouth.

/mp

No problem.  On a more recent update, I also placed the effective date at the top.