Is TAP available in 230v/50hz ?

eril

Is TAP available in 230v/50hz ?
« on: 2 Dec 2006, 04:26 am »
I am in New Zealand.
Looking to match it with a Pass XA-30.
We have 230v/50hz power here.
Will this work?
Has anyone tried the Tap with Pass class A amps or Aleph amps?

Thanks
Eril

denjo

Re: Is TAP available in 230v/50hz ?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Dec 2006, 04:52 pm »
Hi Eril

I hail from Singapore and we use the same 230v as New Zealand. Being a passive, preamp, the TAP only needs power to manage the controls (volume, source, balance, etc). I believe you can buy an adaptor from your local electrical shop which gives 10 v DC (there is a range of voltages that run fine with the TAP, I don't have the info offhand but I am sure John will chip in). Works fine, no problems.

Best Regards
Dennis

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #2 on: 2 Dec 2006, 05:29 pm »
Hi Eril

I hail from Singapore and we use the same 230v as New Zealand. Being a passive, preamp, the TAP only needs power to manage the controls (volume, source, balance, etc). I believe you can buy an adaptor from your local electrical shop which gives 10 v DC (there is a range of voltages that run fine with the TAP, I don't have the info offhand but I am sure John will chip in). Works fine, no problems.

Best Regards
Dennis

Yea... as Dennis said.   All you need to find is a wall wart to power the logic.   A standard 9V unit source locally should do it.    There is no reason the TAP won't work wonderfully with the Pass.

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 2 Dec 2006, 09:43 pm »
Hello!

Late reply from me here.....I need to check in at the forum more often!

As the others mentioned (thanks guys!) there is no problem with 220V - I have some supplies here or at S&B for that and depending on your plug type we maybe have to work a bit to get one. So far it has never been a problem.

Along that line right now we are in the middle of CE marking and also the RHOS (no lead) compliance. Should have both those sorted out next month.

Many Thansk!

John