Where's the Hemp?

clairemontcat

Where's the Hemp?
« on: 6 May 2005, 06:10 am »
Are the new drivers out yet?  Anyone heard them?

maxwalrath

Where's the Hemp?
« Reply #1 on: 6 May 2005, 06:53 am »
Yeah. Louis, I am waiting to send you money.......

Louis O

Where's the Hemp?
« Reply #2 on: 7 May 2005, 12:47 am »
Hi clairemontcat and maxwalrath,

So sorry about the lack of news, but I got an update today about the hemp 8s. The production versions are almost done and I will be getting a few pair in very soon.

We worked on a few tweaks and got a great balance in the mids we cut out 2 peaks at 3K and 10K and now they are amazing and much better than the Montreal version. This run is about 2 weeks away.

The 4 7/8" driver prototype is coming with the first 8" shipment. This is still very new and may have to get updated too after I evaluate it. They say they have the SPL up at 95dB and I'll test to see, as it's really high for a small driver.

Prices need to be finalized and when I get the total costs of the run, I will know much more. No worries at all about the prices as I will do everything I can to keep it down. Also in the Omega Underground I may have a special version at a great price too. This is where I will have the Mini Me's, and the Lotus amp with Vinnie at Red Wine Audio.

Finishes are going to be Ebony with Tan leather and Rosewood with Black leather.

Thanks again,
Louis

budbrew

Where's the Hemp?
« Reply #3 on: 8 May 2005, 04:22 pm »
Where is the Omega Underground and what is the status of the Mini Me's? I'd like to try a pair with my Clari-T for a small room system.