Will Super 3R's fill the room?

gymphboi

« on: 8 Oct 2004, 04:13 pm »
I'm considering pulling the trigger on either a pair of TS3's, Super 3's, or Super 3r's.

What I'd like to know is how well will they fill a room with sound.

Most of the reviews I've read are people with 10x12 rooms.  This will be in my great room, which is really a combination of my living room/dining room and foyer.  Total sq. ft. is probably in the 500-600 range with sloped ceilings.

Obviously I don't expect the speakers to sound their best sitting at the dining room table (I hope to still hear them).  I expect them to be their best when I am sitting on the couch about 6-8 ft. away from them.  I'd like peaks of around mid 90's from my listening spot.  Does that sound doable?  I will be powering them with a Panny SA-XR45.

My previous speakers were Mirage Omni 60's which were stand mounted.  While they were boring, they could certainly fill the room and achieve adequate spl levels.

Thanks,

-Tony

thundernz1

« Reply #1 on: 8 Oct 2004, 06:54 pm »
My Super 3s reside in a 16' by 16' room that also continues into another 15' by 15' room...and I have fairly high ceilings. Frankly, I'm amazed at how easily the Super 3s fill both rooms. I'm using a modified Jolida 102B and I never turn the volume even close to half-way before it gets too loud. they are quite impressive.

thundernz1

« Reply #2 on: 8 Oct 2004, 06:55 pm »
My Super 3s reside in a 16' by 16' room that also continues into another 15' by 15' room...and I have fairly high ceilings. Frankly, I'm amazed at how easily the Super 3s fill both rooms. I'm using a modified Jolida 102B and I never turn the volume even close to half-way before it gets too loud. they are quite impressive.

gymphboi

« Reply #3 on: 8 Oct 2004, 07:20 pm »
Thanks for the response.  

I was kinding of thinking they would "fill" the room, but just wanted to make sure.

Anybody else want to chime in?

Thanks again,

-Tony

J@ck

« Reply #4 on: 8 Oct 2004, 07:48 pm »
You can always get another pair to use in panny's full 4 channel output stereo mode. Or adding a subwoofer if you still need more.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #5 on: 9 Oct 2004, 02:14 am »
Many feel that the TS3 sounds "thin" compared to the Super 3 due to baffle step loss from the more narrow baffle of the TS3.  That could translate into "not filling the room" sort of effect.  If you have any doubt of "filling the room" I'd consider a sub.  Thats the impression I got from listening to the Super 3 at the 2003 Midwest Audio Fest in a large room (that a sub would have filled the room and provided the bass foundation needed to really make the Super 3 a step above the TS1 or TS2).