MAAC Meet November

r.wasserstrom

Re: MAAC Meet November
« Reply #21 on: 4 Nov 2013, 09:44 pm »
Guys,
I will send full details tomorrow by PM when I return home.
Rich

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #22 on: 5 Nov 2013, 06:34 pm »
I sent a few minutes ago by PM details and directions to my place for this Saturday's gathering.  If you previously told me that would join us, but are no longer able to do so, please send me a note.  If you intend to come, but did not get a PM, please send me a note, as well.
Rich

Roscoe Primrose

• DC Audio DIY
« Reply #23 on: 10 Nov 2013, 01:56 am »
Thanks for hosting Rich!  The Quads are sounding good, well worth the cost of getting them rebuilt.  I'd love to hear those with a nice PP 300B amp ;)

Now, who's hosting in Dec.?

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #24 on: 10 Nov 2013, 02:17 am »
My pleasure to host.  I enjoyed the company, discussion, and new music.  Glad you liked the Quads.

Phil A

« Reply #25 on: 10 Nov 2013, 03:25 am »
Rich - thanks for hosting - thanks for the Napkin with my age on it

Phil A

« Reply #26 on: 10 Nov 2013, 03:26 am »
The Quads sounded really much better after the rebuild

Phil A

« Reply #27 on: 10 Nov 2013, 03:27 am »
Thanks for testing/breaking in my Teac DAC - The crew - all interested in those great sounding Quads

Phil A

« Reply #28 on: 10 Nov 2013, 03:28 am »
well - almost everybody was interested - someone had too many diet Cokes - some people just can't hold their diet soda

« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2013, 04:48 am by Phil A »

DTB300

« Reply #29 on: 10 Nov 2013, 05:31 pm »
Thanks from me too, Rich!!! 

Nice to meet new people and listen to some great new music (for me at least).

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #30 on: 10 Nov 2013, 07:56 pm »
You're welcome, Dan.  I enjoyed the eclectic mix of music you brought.
Rich

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #31 on: 10 Nov 2013, 07:59 pm »
The Quads are sounding good, well worth the cost of getting them rebuilt.  I'd love to hear those with a nice PP 300B amp ;)

Roscoe,
Me, too.  So does this mean that you are going to build a nice 300B amp so we can listen to it on my system?  :lol:
Rich

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #32 on: 10 Nov 2013, 08:01 pm »
Phil,
Thanks for being the official photographer of our get-together. 
Rich

Phil A

« Reply #33 on: 11 Nov 2013, 01:22 am »
Phil,
Thanks for being the official photographer of our get-together. 
Rich

Rich you're welcome - as everyone knows been doing it for a long time.  I'm sure you'll remember the listening session below from many moons ago

Robin Hood

« Reply #34 on: 11 Nov 2013, 02:06 pm »
Rich,

Thanks for hosting. It has been said by many others, and I firmly believe, that the Quad 57s have the best midrange around.  But after listening to your rebuilt Quads it is amazing just how good the bass also is.

I really enjoyed listening to the Bob Marley CD, Sarah McLachan and Greg Brown on vinyl, and the Ella, Ray, Fela and Midnite FLAC files through the Teac Dac.  Sorry you didn't get a chance to hear the DSD128 files I brought on the Korg, but maybe another time I can bring my passive preamp.

Thanks for the pizza but I wish I had sampled some of your great scotch. What was I thinking? :duh:

Robin Hood

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #35 on: 11 Nov 2013, 03:25 pm »
I'm sure you'll remember the listening session below from many moons ago

I was sure good=looking when I had hair! :lol:

Roscoe Primrose

• DC Audio DIY
« Reply #36 on: 11 Nov 2013, 03:27 pm »
Thanks for the pizza but I wish I had sampled some of your great scotch. What was I thinking? :duh:

Robin Hood

Thinking?  That's what happens when you don't have Scotch....

Roscoe

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #37 on: 11 Nov 2013, 11:31 pm »
Rich,

Thanks for hosting. It has been said by many others, and I firmly believe, that the Quad 57s have the best midrange around.  But after listening to your rebuilt Quads it is amazing just how good the bass also is.
Sorry you didn't get a chance to hear the DSD128 files I brought on the Korg, but maybe another time I can bring my passive preamp.

Glad you enjoyed the Quads.  I was surprised, as well, to hear the bass after the rebuild.  I figure it reproduces 45 hz, maybe 40 hz depending on the room.  Sorry I couldn't insert your Korg into my system; I'd like to hear your DSD files sometime soon.

As for the scotch, I saw Roscoe hovering around the Glenmorangie with a straw and figured no good can come of that.  :lol:

Rich

Robin Hood

« Reply #38 on: 12 Nov 2013, 12:46 am »
Yeah, Roscoe looks the part of the drunken sailor and I'm sure he cleaned out your local liquor store.

Phil A

« Reply #39 on: 12 Nov 2013, 01:23 am »

As for the scotch, I saw Roscoe hovering around the Glenmorangie with a straw and figured no good can come of that.  :lol:

Rich

It's natural for an old pilot to have a couple.  Here's a movie clip of a younger Roscoe (they are a couple of short clips as it was not one of his bigger roles) flying a plane - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzg3ND-ITjU  (heck of a pilot) and here's a still shot - http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.oschti.ch/Con-Air/3/Film/24-M-C-Gainey-Swamp-Con-Air.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.oschti.ch/Con-Air/3/Film-Schauspieler-Cast.html&h=435&w=580&sz=24&tbnid=VT7g_43aq5iSgM:&tbnh=95&tbnw=127&zoom=1&usg=__5buR80Jc__BKLe0sT_AywT-YlV8=&docid=hlEkX85C4OqNpM&sa=X&ei=6YKBUpuCHonRkQfd8YHADQ&ved=0CF4Q9QEwCA