The LIO DAC 2.0 information and discussion thread

Mitch751

Re: The LIO DAC 2.0 information and discussion thread
« Reply #140 on: 26 Mar 2019, 01:14 am »
Thank you for the reply ... appreciated

Mitch751

« Reply #141 on: 29 Mar 2019, 04:52 am »
Finally bought the ultra Rendu plus uptone LPs. The improvement is very very significant , now with LIO Dac 2 is sooooo good. Lost my intention to buy a DCS Rossini.

dspringham

« Reply #142 on: 2 Apr 2019, 10:13 pm »
Howdy everyone,

Just popping back in to report that I have received and installed the DAC 2.0 and yes, it's everything that all of you have said it was. No question, a very noticeable improvement over DAC 1. In fact I was trying to keep my expectations tempered after ordering based on the reading of this thread. Am happy to report that my expectations were pleasantly exceeded.

No point repeating all the descriptives previously mentioned here. Bottom line is a huge performance upgrade in the sound of my setup.

By the way Vinnie, you were right about outperforming the RWA Sony HAP-Z1ES Level 3. DAC 2.0 is clearly superior. The great thing about it is that the Sony now works beautifully as a server via USB.

Also, TAK's are on the way for LIO DHT (currently using PX 4's).

Thanks to everyone for their comments and opinions.

Cheers,
Dave

Vinnie R.

« Reply #143 on: 3 Apr 2019, 02:04 pm »
Hi Mitch751,

No need for the Rossini when you have a Rossi  :lol:
Thank you

Hi dspringham,

Thanks for posting, and I'm glad to hear that you can still use your modded Sony as a USB transport to the LIO DAC 2.0.
And let us know after you put some time on the TAK TA-300Bs.

Cheers,

Vinnie

Will2

« Reply #144 on: 19 Aug 2019, 04:52 pm »
Apologies for what might be a dumb question, but I just got back from a business trip and am trying to play my LIO through my Windows desktop at work via USB as I have normally done and it seems my machine did an automatic update while I was away and is now saying under "Audio" in Settings "LIO DAC 2.0 Driver is unavailable".  Does anyone have a trouble-shooting idea for me?

Thanks,
Will

Vinnie R.

« Reply #145 on: 19 Aug 2019, 05:10 pm »
Hi Will,

You might need to reinstall the LIO DAC 2.0 driver.  Email directly if you need it again (and I promise not to make
any Mac vs PC jokes  :green:).

Best regards,

Vinnie

TimS

« Reply #146 on: 7 Jan 2020, 12:13 am »
Hi Vinnie

From the opening post:

"About LIO DAC 2.0’s USB isolation, buffer, and reclock circuit

The LIO DAC 2.0 USB input first goes through a galvanic isolation stage, and the USB 5V bus is only used as a 'signal' (not as a power source) to turn ON our "LIO power" to power the USB input section.
"

Got a question about the incoming 5v from the USB cable - does it have to be a minimum of 5v to turn on LIO power to power the USB input section or can it be a lower voltage (from the USB cable), say 3.3v?

Thanks

Vinnie R.

« Reply #147 on: 7 Jan 2020, 12:36 am »
Hi Vinnie

From the opening post:

"About LIO DAC 2.0’s USB isolation, buffer, and reclock circuit

The LIO DAC 2.0 USB input first goes through a galvanic isolation stage, and the USB 5V bus is only used as a 'signal' (not as a power source) to turn ON our "LIO power" to power the USB input section.
"

Got a question about the incoming 5v from the USB cable - does it have to be a minimum of 5v to turn on LIO power to power the USB input section or can it be a lower voltage (from the USB cable), say 3.3v?

Thanks

Hi TimS,

It needs to be 5V, and from a USB 2.0 compliant cable.

Best regards,

Vinnie

TimS

« Reply #148 on: 7 Jan 2020, 05:36 pm »
Thanks Vinnie.

Hi TimS,

It needs to be 5V, and from a USB 2.0 compliant cable.

Best regards,

Vinnie

ebag4

Re: The LIO DAC 2.0 information and discussion t
« Reply #149 on: 11 Jan 2020, 04:23 am »
Thoroughly enjoying  my day 2.0  tonight after a rough week, still the best money I have spent on audio.

Best,
Ed

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #150 on: 11 Jan 2020, 04:50 pm »
Thoroughly enjoying  my day 2.0  tonight after a rough week, still the best money I have spent on audio.

Best,
Ed

After many, many RMAF shows I can say with certainty that Vinnie truly knows WTF he is doing re: best-in-the-world sound quality.

Vinnie R.

« Reply #151 on: 13 Jan 2020, 08:30 pm »
Hi Ed and Tyson,

Thank you both for your kind words!  :bowdown:

Vinnie

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
« Reply #152 on: 14 Jan 2020, 02:59 am »
Wonder if this was my same issue. Good the recommended usb cable and will update you.

robert bullock

Hi I just bought a 2 y.o. Lio from one of the members here, can't wait to receive it, and signed up for Audio Circle to be able to participate in the Vinnie Rossi discussion. My question concerns upgrading to the Lio's DAC to DAC2, and fyi I wrote the same Vinnie Rossi directly.  Is this only done through the manufacturer? What is the value of trading in the original Dac to purchase the 2?  And is there a trade in 2nd hand DAC2s? Re. the last, I don't see any for sale here or on the usual sites but though I would ask the community.  Thank you very much for your thoughts!

gene9p

« Reply #154 on: 16 Jan 2020, 10:26 pm »
you can install the DAC 2 yourself. Whether Vinnie is accepting any Dac 1's as trade in is doubtful. There was a promotion/trade in allowance back when the Dac 2 was introduced. doesn't hurt to ask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvvzpXeKVA4

Vinnie R.

Hi I just bought a 2 y.o. Lio from one of the members here, can't wait to receive it, and signed up for Audio Circle to be able to participate in the Vinnie Rossi discussion. My question concerns upgrading to the Lio's DAC to DAC2, and fyi I wrote the same Vinnie Rossi directly.  Is this only done through the manufacturer? What is the value of trading in the original Dac to purchase the 2?  And is there a trade in 2nd hand DAC2s? Re. the last, I don't see any for sale here or on the usual sites but though I would ask the community.  Thank you very much for your thoughts!

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the VR Forum!

I responded to your email... please check it and feel free to respond to it if you have additional questions.

This forum is not for positing "for sale" ads (there is a Marketplace section on audio circle for that),
nor is it for "troubleshooting" posts (please email me directly if you need support).

I usually respond within 24 hours, but right now I am currently moving into a larger production facility, so
I might be a tad slower to respond.  :wink:

Best regards,

Vinnie

robert bullock

« Reply #156 on: 19 Jan 2020, 06:34 pm »
Thank you Vinnie, just seeing this message now. Thanks too for your generous offline help