Finding a good supplement brand

Doublej

Finding a good supplement brand
« on: 26 Jan 2014, 03:11 pm »
How does one go about finding a good brand of supplements? There's a hundred brands out there and as best I can tell no process to ensure that what is claimed to be in a bottle is actually in the bottle.

Big Red Machine

Re: Finding a good supplement brand
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2014, 04:54 pm »
You get what you pay for.  Pharmaceutical grade, GMP certified is the highest quality path.  We use Pharmanex, Biotics, and Designs for Health to more cost effectively cover our monthly needs.  We spend approx $150 each month and some of that is heavily discounted through my wife's nutritional business.

Years ago we took Bodywise, also a top 5 pharmaceutical grade product.  The best multi is the Pharmanex Nano antioxidant pack - 7 vacuum sealed capsules in a pack.  By far the best, hands down.

Larkston Zinaspic

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2014, 05:03 pm »
Take a look at Life Extension formulations. Not cheap but very well researched.

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2014, 05:05 pm »
Other than Vitamin D and calcium, there's disagreement on whether suppliments work. Kind of like audiophile wire. You're probably better off eating your fruits and vegetables.

Doc

Big Red Machine

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2014, 05:16 pm »
Other than Vitamin D and calcium, there's disagreement on whether suppliments work. Kind of like audiophile wire. You're probably better off eating your fruits and vegetables.

Doc

I would say for the huge quantity of crap product out there they are nothing more than bedpan pills.  Go to your local store and grab a $5 bottle of something and it probably has cellulose as a binder in the first 5 ingredients. When the agency's and others say that the industry is not regulated they are telling the truth, but for the companies who have first rate processes using first rate ingredients you can be assured it is truly high quality and therefore beneficial.  I have been a heavy user for 14 years and they have helped me tremendously.  Again, you get what you pay for and the highest quality stuff is not sold in the local drugstore.

bummrush

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jan 2014, 05:22 pm »
Ill just about guess this company has never beee  mentioned once.Freeda vitamins no bullshit mumble jumble just outstanding products

Folsom

« Reply #6 on: 9 May 2014, 05:12 pm »
The best you can get for general health are from here, all of which are personally overseen by Dr. D himself. He's very mindful not to actually cook the ingredients out of the supplements themselves. Plus he's amazing at combining things that help make them bioavaliable. Yet he also only uses the amount necessary.

As already mentioned, eating well is more important. However supplements are useful as we age, to come back into health. They can keep us at peak performance too; especially under high demand. D'Adamo does explicitly work based on getting the best possible platform for health with food and exercise first. All of his work starts with that, and not supplements. However as said, they got their place.

The best athlete supplements I've seen come from Hammer Nutrition. They're very particular about sources, grow a lot of their own stuff, and don't add a bunch of bs to any of their products. If you poke around you'll see how in depth they take things. They are the only thing I've seen that comes close to Dr. D's care for supplements that have combined ingredients for optimal benefit. *Also after have a number of drink, on one of those nights, a little bit of Hammer's HEED really helps for the morning.