Those Who Wish Me Dead (2021) - Angelina Jolie in action thriller

WGH

I'm sure you all have been wondering what Angelina Jolie has been doing lately. Those Who Wish Me Dead is her latest film, it is a serviceable action adventure film. Hannah (Jolie) is a firefighter battling PTSD after a forest fire killed three boys and she was unable to help. Hannah is manning a fire tower and comes across a young boy who is being pursued by two hired killers. They have to figure out how to escape both the killers and the raging forest fire the hit men set.

Gotta love movie magic. Angelina Jolie looks great! At 46 she doesn't look any older than she did in 2001 when she was 26 and played Lara Croft in Tomb Raider. Angelina's character Hannah does get injured in the film so she doesn't have to run too fast or do many spectacular jumps but she is still formidable.

Writer and director Taylor Sheridan keeps TWWMD moves along briskly without too many slow spots. Previously an actor, Sheridan has transitioned to screenwriter and director. He was the screenwriter for Sicario, Hell or High Water, Wind River, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, and Tom Clancy's Without Remorse.

Set in Montana, Those Who Wish Me Dead plays like an old fashioned western. A nice little movie without any pretensions.

Critics are meh but the RT Audience score is 85%
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/those_who_wish_me_dead
In theaters and HBO Max

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

smargo

Gotta love movie magic. Angelina Jolie looks great! At 46 she doesn't look any older than she did in 2001 when she was 26 and played Lara Croft in Tomb Raider. Angelina's character Hannah does get injured in the film so she doesn't have to run too fast or do many spectacular jumps but she is still formidable.

really - angelina jolie looks like she is 46 - a far cry from the way she looked in "tomb raider" and  in "salt" (2010) for that matter (much better movie)

its like watching sharon stone in her glory days and watching sharon stone now - "those who wish me dead" is like travolta doing a comeback movie to reestablish himself (from the early 2000s)

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Ms Jolie never did it for me anyway, not my type at all, so her doing more character actor than femme fatale is fine with me.  But in my entire life I've never heard of a couple of hit men chasing a young boy into the mountains anywhere.  I can't imagine a senario that could make that believable for me.  Then add in he's saved by a fire tower watcher during a gigantic fire, no, just no.  It might be a better story if he's just saved from the fire.  Having lived through wildfires I can tell you they're pretty dramatic.  Not on my list, but I hope all that see it enjoy the movie.

MttBsh

It might be a better story if he's just saved from the fire.

Nah, gotta have the hitmen, why not throw in a bear chasing him to take it to even another level :lol:

routlaw

Watched it this weekend too both my wife and I thought it was extremely lame, pretentious with a pathetic plot. Taylor Sheridan has and could do a lot better by a long shot. My suggestion, don't waste your time on this one. Very disappointed even though I do like Angelina Jolie.

bkatbamna

Getting tired of seeing 90 lb women beating up multiple 200 plus pound men in movies.

WGH

Getting tired of seeing 90 lb women beating up multiple 200 plus pound men in movies.

There are always options