panel swapping

drummermitchell

panel swapping
« on: 7 Mar 2011, 08:46 pm »
As I am enjoying my gridfusors,I got to thinking(dangerous)I have some extra 242's and 244's.
I had 242's at first reflections for the mains,so I decided to swap them with 244's to see what I'd hear
So I did swap them out and put a 242 on the front with the other two.
Is it a combo of panels,but I get so much space between the instruments that I don't have speakers in the room it seems,this is really great :thumb:..
I also have two tri's left,had three but installed it on the front wall(ceiling wall corner.)
So the other two I'm going to see waht happens installing them on the side walls(up front)on ceiling wall.
I sure like it when you don't have to try and listen,it just is,a major impact.
All my corners are 2Xstacked with tri's,for my room,I'm almost there,I think.

Two hrs later,tri's are up on the ceiling wall corners,1/2 dozen cd's later :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
« Last Edit: 8 Mar 2011, 12:32 am by drummermitchell »

drummermitchell

Re: panel swapping
« Reply #1 on: 8 Mar 2011, 01:28 am »

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 8 Mar 2011, 04:06 pm »
Nice looking room!! It is fun to move stuff around to hear different impacts it can have.  :thumb:

Glenn

drummermitchell

« Reply #3 on: 8 Mar 2011, 04:24 pm »
Hi Glenn and thanks.
Yes it is fun, especially like you say you definately hear it.
I should have just did the 244's(to see what I could hear)and then the 242's.to hear each step.
Still, doing those I was pleasantly surprized with the 244's at first reflections :thumb:very good.
I read that on one of the 244 reviews so I thought I'd try her out(glad I did).
The best for last(I think)Tri's up on the ceiling wall corners,major difference on kickdrum,instruments
leaving the confines of the speakers(could be the combo tri's,244's)I have what I think is pretty good gear,but messin with these panels to hear the results is definately another HUGE upgrade.
Now i'm looking to see where I can put up some more Tri's :o :thumb:.

I should add:I thought just having Tri's in the corners was as good as it gets(NOT),
those ceiling wall corners need it(at least this room)big time.
Improvement wise,if sound quality was a %,I think 25-30%more, :D.