Curt, you wuz right....

TheChairGuy

Curt, you wuz right....
« on: 11 Feb 2004, 05:12 pm »
Curt,

As you know, I luv my Purist!  I use the #2 position as I found the dynamics to be more crisp and presentation more lively and enjoyable.

I have several super LAT International AC-2 power cords in my system and this cord has really improved the last two pre's I had in here.  They both didn't sound like the Purist at any time, but they improved with the cord.

So, it was kinda' automatic that I inserted the cord into the Purist and listened for the last couple months. Super! I don't like to tamper with things when they are enjoyable.

But, you mentioned several times in AC posts that the supplied 16ga cord was chosen specifically for the Purist.  I figured, naaah, this cheap, wimpy cord couldn't be better than my LAT!

But, with a few minutes to swap wire last week I tried it out.  Son-of-a-gun if that wimpy 16 gauger doesn't overall improve the sound I'm getting.  It lost a bit of razor sharp clarity, but it added back a measure of warmth and bloom to the music...that I didn't realize was missing.

So now, in amongst $1000.00 of power cords, hospital grade wall outlet, a PS Audio Ultimate Outlet and Power Plant....is a (maybe?) $10 OEM power cord dangling from my/your great preamp.

So, thanks for persisting....you wuz right....and I just spent nothing more and got a more enjoyable experience from it.  That $665.00 delivered is a better value than I realized.

One more thing Curt, DON'T EAT THAT CHICKEN!!!!  :nono:

Curt

Curt, you wuz right....
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2004, 06:43 pm »
Hi Chairguy,

Glad we saved you money without compromising the music. We designed the Purist and lucked out with the power cord. It really wasn't intentional but the built-in IEC filter module worked well with that power cord. We tried about ten cords, the one we picked isn't fancy but it's well made and does sound pretty good.

All our E-Series components (same chassis as Purist) use the same power supply, same built-in IEC filter, and same power cord. I hope they all sound similar to the Purist.

Now about the CHICKEN! I'm starving, I love chicken and cakes etc. (eggs) and I can't eat any of it. I really have a taste for BBQ chicken breast... Hope this is over soon.

Tonight I had tuna salad and fruit, not bad but not my first choice. I think I'll loose some weight by the time this is over, not a bad thing. I'm 170 but would like to be 160, we'll see what happens.

First we can't eat beef, then chicken and eggs, what next? Six months ago I bought three vegetarian cookbooks, maybe I'll give them a try and see what I can come up with :mrgreen:

TheChairGuy

Curt, you wuz right....
« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2004, 03:57 am »
Hey Curt,

Boy, do I love saving money.  I wish I could use free cords on all my equipment and save some serious kwan, but The Purist is the first piece of equipment that sounds better with the stock cord.  Maybe it is, after all, the RFI/EMI rejection in shielded cords that matter most...and matters not at all when manufacturers build in filtering into their gear.  The MultiAmps, for instance, sound much better with the aftermarket LAT's on them.  Kudo's my man :thumb:

Are you teasing us again with mention of the, now one-model, E-series line? Ha - I'm just bustin'...we all know you are busy with good, steady OEM biz and you'll get around tending to your neurotic IRD flock soon.

Ah, chicken.  I haven't eaten it for 3 years (knowingly, at least). I eat for my blood type...if you are B or AB (13% together of population in US), you may be doing somethin' good for yourself by NOT eating chicken.  Hey, I live in Cali..I gotta' have some weird habits. :rotflmao:  

I don't eat chicken or beef and still manage to eat Thai food a couple times a month - the stateside version of it, at least, is pretty varied (often lamb, lots of fish, and tofu).  Hey, don't go veggie if you're an O....not good at all for you Hunter-Gatherer types.

You are what you are, and can eat your way to health, good or ill.

http://dadamo.com/

Curt

Curt, you wuz right....
« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2004, 06:46 pm »
Quote from: TheChairGuy
Hey Curt,

Are you teasing us again with mention of the, now one-model, E-series line? Ha - I'm just bustin'...we all know you are busy with good, steady OEM biz and you'll get around tending to your neurotic IRD flock soon.

Yes, I hear you loud and clear, I am missing audio too. We're working on Sabai remote control firmware now but everything else has stopped. I need to finish a couple more IRD components asap. The PT-2 and Sabai are both very close to being complete...

The eat for your bloodtype makes good sense. I am type O and red meat makes me feel GOOD, especially with red wine  :D

If you don't eat what your body needs your health will surely suffer. Better give this food plan a look over, thanks for the link.