M165+NQ delivery and other updates Pt2

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: M165+NQ delivery and other updates Pt2
« Reply #40 on: 23 Sep 2021, 03:18 pm »
No reason the crossover box has to be close to the speaker - I'd put the crossover box in my audio rack and run longer speaker wire to the speakers.

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
« Reply #41 on: 23 Sep 2021, 05:47 pm »
Interesting, I have not seen the back before.

« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2021, 07:45 pm by wgraft5 »

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #42 on: 23 Sep 2021, 10:34 pm »
I'm probably gunna hunt down a pair of cheap speaker stands and fill them with kitty litter.

I recommend aquarium sand.  It’s finer which is good because it fills more space but not so good if your stands have any holes in them.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #43 on: 24 Sep 2021, 12:44 am »
I recommend aquarium sand.  It’s finer which is good because it fills more space but not so good if your stands have any holes in them.

I would consider that if these stands were going to be holding up speakers, but its going to be holding the crossovers, so I'm less worried about it as a whole. plus they're going to be short by comparison.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #44 on: 1 Oct 2021, 04:48 pm »
UPDATE!

M165/16, NQ & NQ/16 woofers have just arrived!

We have one more pallet still inbound, but we have more than enough to start getting orders goung out the door!

It's going to be a busy few weeks for us here while we finish packing orders and getting them out the door, so please be patient while we work to get them out the door.

We are still waiting on more Tube connectors.

We have just enough to get caught up on orders up until Step 2nd that also need Tube Connectors.

Next order of ~2000 Tube connectors is going to be delivered sometime between October 10-15 when we will be able to get the rest of the orders out the door that still require them.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: 1 Oct 2021, 06:47 pm by Hobbsmeerkat »

subsonic1050

« Reply #45 on: 1 Oct 2021, 05:10 pm »
This is fantastic news!!! Thanks for the update Hobbs!

BGA

« Reply #46 on: 1 Oct 2021, 05:57 pm »
Fantastic news on a Friday Hobbs!

How much anxiety did the shipper have dropping those pallets by a 65 vette, lol.

RonP

« Reply #47 on: 1 Oct 2021, 10:05 pm »
Killer!

tell us more about that Red coupe back there  :D

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
« Reply #48 on: 1 Oct 2021, 10:37 pm »
Thankyou very much for all your hard work. :thumb:

I hope some drivers will be left next month for a pair of x-cs encores. :roll:

Yes the old corvette sweet 8)

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #49 on: 2 Oct 2021, 01:27 am »
Thankyou very much for all your hard work. :thumb:

I hope some drivers will be left next month for a pair of x-cs encores. :roll:

Yes the old corvette sweet 8)

There are 300 of each driver in this shipment. With another massive order about to hit the ocean. That order will also include roughly 1000 LGK drivers.
We also have 8" OB Subwoofers that recently landed at port.

So once we work through this massive stack of orders, we'll still have plenty left to hold us over till the next order arrives in maybe 2-3 months..  :lol:

Our Biggest slow downs, once tube connectors arrive, will be 7mH and larger inductors.
Most kits wont be affected, but larger 3-way towers will, such as the X-Statik, NX-Otica, NX-Treme orders, as well as some Klipsch kits like the 504C & 8000F..
We've already wiped out Parts Express of their 12, 13 & 15 Inductors. So we have enough stock to get orders filled for now, but it likely won't last long once all current orders are filled..

So it could easily be another few months of delays due to issues with the manufacturer. Everything below that we can easily swap over to another manufacturer if needed. But its hard to say what will happen in the meantime. But we are working on something to hopefully prevent this issue in the future, but that will take time as well.

Killer!

tell us more about that Red coupe back there  :D

I dont know too much about it other than it's Danny's father's drag racing Corette.

It's pretty sick though, big slicks on the back, skinny tires up front and a big scoop on the hood.

Jmitchell3

« Reply #50 on: 2 Oct 2021, 02:50 am »
Yeah! Looking forward to seeing you guys hopefully tuesday!

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #51 on: 2 Oct 2021, 03:01 am »
We'll be there! So long as you show up before noon or after 1pm :P

RonP

« Reply #52 on: 2 Oct 2021, 03:26 am »
We also have 8" OB Subwoofers that recently landed at port.

these are available for purchase??

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #53 on: 2 Oct 2021, 03:42 am »

these are available for purchase??

They will be!  :D

hawkeyejw

« Reply #54 on: 2 Oct 2021, 03:58 pm »
Oh man this is exciting, I guess I better get started building out my NX-Studio boxes!

tc2007

• Industry Participant
    • CNC cut DIY speaker cabinet parts
« Reply #55 on: 7 Oct 2021, 02:32 am »
Hobbsmeerkat: Are X-CS orders going out with this shipment or after next shipment?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #56 on: 7 Oct 2021, 02:56 am »
Hobbsmeerkat: Are X-CS orders going out with this shipment or after next shipment?

With this shipment, we still have plenty of woofers.
But many orders are still waiting on tube connectors.
X-CS & X+MTM kits are also waiting inductors.
There is a batch being made, but with ongoing copper shortages/delays its been tough to get them made.

We could de-wind some inductors, but the next closest value is running low, and we're trying to save them for the X-LS & Studio kits that also need them once tube connectors come in.

There are easily 60 orders waiting on connectors...

tc2007

• Industry Participant
    • CNC cut DIY speaker cabinet parts
« Reply #57 on: 7 Oct 2021, 03:15 am »
I haven't ordered connectors, just pain binding posts. Is there an ETA on when some of those would be X-CS shipped? Also curious if the inductors are made in USA or come via ships or air freight given they are small enough?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #58 on: 7 Oct 2021, 03:36 am »
I haven't ordered connectors, just pain binding posts. Is there an ETA on when some of those would be X-CS shipped? Also curious if the inductors are made in USA or come via ships or air freight given they are small enough?

Shoot me a DM with your name/ordernumber and I'll check on it for you tomorrow morning.

They are wound in the US, but the high purity copper wire comes from Brazil, if i remember correctly.
If they cant meet the demand, we may have to switch to Solen for those, which are from Quebec, Canada. They also use high purity copper, but the leads arent tinned, and they aren't dipped in varnish which would make them less likely to vibrate, but are still better than most other options on the market.

We often do the same with Solen capacitors when Erse is out of stock on something we need. With Daytons as a fall back when nothing else is available.

It's not uncommon for us to ask how many of something someone may have, and then just take them all..

But we've managed to get close to 40 orders out so far.
Including most older NX- series kits, X-Statiks and about half of the X-MTM/X-CS kits, but we've still got plenty more to fill...

A lot of "hurry up and wait"

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #59 on: 8 Oct 2021, 10:30 pm »
Small update:

Just got notification that 12-inch 16-ohm Servo Subs (kits 4&5) are available for pickup from DFW.
We are expecting them to arrive here by Tuesday.

Still waiting on tube connectors, expecting them by the end of next week barring any further delays.

Also waiting on more inductors, but copper shortages are a problem right now, so that may delay the process of getting the next batch of both coils and foil inductors..