Malbec Man

« on: 3 Jan 2009, 05:10 pm »
Hello,
  I have been a VSA fan for years now.  My father had a pair of original VR-4s (large rectangles with cloth around them) for a while and he got the upgrade about 5-6 years ago to VR-6 or 7 drivers.  He also has a center and TS 250s, as well as a VS3 sub.  I fell in love with the transparent, musical sound of these speakers and have been smitten since.  I was given a pair of VR-2s for graduation from college (amazing sound/price ratio) and now have LCR15 and VS/1 sub.
  As I am currently in residency in Internal Medicine, I have little time and even less money for upgrades to my system.  I am always in the market for good used gear, and am currently searching for a pair of surrounds.  Does anyone have any suggestions or a pair they want to sell?  As VSA speakers rarely come up used for sale I assume the owners are like my father and hold on them dearly. 

kgturner

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2009, 06:00 pm »
welcome to the forum and welcome to the vsa family. you might wanna keep an eye out on audiogon.com to see if any surrounds come up for sale. there are a pair of VR-1 listed now for $300 that i suppose would work fine as surrounds. good luck in your search.

kevin t

McTwins

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2009, 06:05 pm »
I fell in love with the transparent, musical sound of these speakers and have been smitten since. 

Welcome Malbec, your are not alone with those feelings :thumb:

patrickperry

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jan 2009, 02:36 am »
there are a pair of VR-1 listed now for $300

Careful,that price is for 1 speaker.... not a pair. 

kgturner

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jan 2009, 02:38 am »
Careful,that price is for 1 speaker.... not a pair. 

oops...i guess i should've looked closer. sounded like a really good deal.

kevin t