Owner systems and set-ups

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
Re: Owner systems and set-ups
« Reply #20 on: 7 Dec 2008, 11:45 pm »

Yeah Scott, but couldn't you have come up with a decent speaker solution?  :lol:

Better then the VR9 :o Maybe the VR11 :drool:

Best build a bigger listening room!  :o

I am thinking about knocking out the wall and extending my system into the kitchen. My wife doesn't cook much anyway :wink:

A man that would rather listen to music than eat.  You just may make the audiophile hall of fame  :thumb:

Sweet  aa

Bracer

« Reply #21 on: 8 Dec 2008, 12:41 pm »
Yes, I ran the cable under the floor. As someone else pointed out, this is a very visible area of the house and unsightly cables would not be acceptable. I set up a wall plate beside the left speaker and about 2 ft of cable is visible. This adds about a metre or so of cable onto the run so that I need a 5m length. I have been debating with myself over the right side. Right now I have a matching 5m run to the right speaker (coiled on the floor) but I could get by with a 1 or 2 m run (that would not match the length of the left side).

[/quote]

Welcome Bracer -- I just want to ask how you run the speaker cable to left channel, did you go under the floor? I always smile when I see ads in mags, they show wonderful set ups without any cable being visible...my set up is a mess of wire no matter what I do but you seem to have discovered a good solution.
[/quote]

htradtk

« Reply #22 on: 8 Dec 2008, 10:55 pm »
Delacroix,

As soon as I get someone to take some shots of my system. I will post them.
Thanks for your reply.

Henry (htradtk)

garyleg

« Reply #23 on: 14 Dec 2008, 12:27 am »
 Here are some pics of my resurected VR-4's and of my system. Not the most audio friendly room but it's all I got. The good thing is my house is situated as to not disturb the neighbors, needless to say I've had some near concert level listening sessions:)

Gary