Audiocircle member RMAF 2010 show coverage.

WGH

Re: Audiocircle member RMAF 2010 show coverage.
« Reply #420 on: 22 Oct 2010, 03:11 pm »
Next year I'll bring a steno pad so I can take some notes and not rely on my 62 year old brain cells. I think I left too many of them in the 60s & 70s :lol:

I know what you mean Laura, I have photos of rooms I don't even remember visiting. A little trick I used this year was to write my comments on the manufacturer's brochure. Next year I'll bring a Sharpie because pens don't write very well on the glossy surface.

Wayne 

solaja audio

« Reply #421 on: 22 Oct 2010, 03:32 pm »
Dragan, I really liked the Selah/Solaja/Response room.  Since I hadn't heard anything in the room before except the amps I can't really give a good review of your pre.  It's hard enough for me in a system I know to tell the differences between high end pres  :lol:  I will say I can tell the SA-TVC1 did no wrong and has the best, IMHO, volume indicator i've seen on a pre.

It is difficult to evaluate one component in a system that first heard. I know that the SA-TVC1 very neutral and does not add and does not take away anything. And I agree that it is an indicator of volume interesting. I hope there will be an opportunity to learn more about my products

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #422 on: 22 Oct 2010, 03:35 pm »
Morning Dragan,

Glad to see you here.

It's great to have met you.

mgalusha

« Reply #423 on: 22 Oct 2010, 05:41 pm »
Next year I'll bring a steno pad so I can take some notes and not rely on my 62 year old brain cells.

I finally remembered to buy a small notebook this year, very handy. About the size of a 3x5 card, fit nicely in the back pocket and some stubby little pens to go with it. As for lost brain cells... where did I put those???

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #424 on: 22 Oct 2010, 06:10 pm »
As for lost brain cells... where did I put those???

They're up in smoke, Mike...up in smoke.   8)

solaja audio

« Reply #425 on: 22 Oct 2010, 07:02 pm »
Morning Dragan,

Glad to see you here.

It's great to have met you.

Thank you Hugh,pleasure is on my side.

solaja audio

« Reply #426 on: 22 Oct 2010, 08:17 pm »

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #427 on: 25 Oct 2010, 04:52 pm »
i yust wanted to thank each & every one who posted comments and pics about their experiences.  it's been 15 years since i have been to an audio show, and i feel like i have yust been to another!   :thumb:

wery appreciated, since i am now stuck in latvia on a difficult project.  been here about eight weeks, and may be here thru the rest of the year.  reading these pages has been a welcome diwersion. 

at least i was able to get my company to ship me over a little rig, for some cdc listening, and local fm radio, which is actually quite nice - long live fm!   :green:  philips 22ah105 tuna and korsun u2 integrated amp are 220v, so no woltage conwersion needed.  the nad cdp arrived non-working, so i found a decent jvc cdp on ebay.de which set me back $8, plus ~$30 shipping.  now, its a complete 220v rig!  :lol:  and, the tv that resided where the li'l rig is located, is now safely in the closet where it belongs.   8)

regards to everyone for their hard work,

doug s.,
have tunes, will travel

Don_S

« Reply #428 on: 25 Oct 2010, 05:14 pm »
Doug,

Enjoy your stay and have a safe journey home.

At least your company didn't just send you an iPod and headphones.   :icon_lol:

K Shep

« Reply #429 on: 25 Oct 2010, 10:39 pm »

wery appreciated, since i am now stuck in latvia on a difficult project.
doug s.,
have tunes, will travel

Are you in Riga?

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #430 on: 26 Oct 2010, 02:22 am »
ya, i am in riga.  seems like a nice city & country, but unfortunately work is a bit overwhelming. and what little free time i have is not that fun, due to the fact that i don't know anyone, and i am not all that keen on wenturing out alone.  but i am getting by.

the fact that my company agreed to ship me some of my gear of my own choosing has also made things better.   i must admit that they did think i was a bit off - oh well, what else is new?  if they knew i enjoyed reading 22 pages of rmaf coverage, they would really wonder...  :green:

doug s.

capwkidd

« Reply #431 on: 27 Oct 2010, 04:18 am »
Just to let you all know.... I took over 500 pictures at the show.... I hit almost every room..... Now the question is, where can I put theses pics up so you all can browse them ;)? I have not finished reading through the thread yet..... Once I do that I can work on the pics...

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #432 on: 27 Oct 2010, 05:10 am »
I use photobucket.com

capwkidd

« Reply #433 on: 27 Oct 2010, 08:23 pm »
Yes, but does photobucket use your images for there own purposes, or can you create direct links only? I could put the pics on my site, but it might get overloaded....

I use photobucket.com

taoggniklat

« Reply #434 on: 27 Oct 2010, 08:52 pm »

From left to right, Nuance (Brandon), Stewart (Stew), Pez (Jason) and Tyson (Tyson)

Ah to put a face to the name, I definitely saw a few of you there. I think Jason was in one of the rooms I was in, probably the Salk room.

This is a pic of myself and family in case I talked to any of you and didn't know it, hah.

jhm731

Pez

« Reply #436 on: 27 Oct 2010, 10:48 pm »
Oh yeah! You have the super cute daughter! You are a braver man than I. I told my wife to take the baby and go out of town so I didn't have any extra stuff to worry about, just the show.  :green: Your wife is a saint to carry you daughter around in that chest harness the entire show.  :o

JohnR

« Reply #437 on: 28 Oct 2010, 01:37 am »
Yes, but does photobucket use your images for there own purposes, or can you create direct links only? I could put the pics on my site, but it might get overloaded....

You could just put them in your gallery here. Admittedly the upload interface is not the best, but there won't be a bandwidth problem...

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #438 on: 28 Oct 2010, 01:45 am »

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #439 on: 28 Oct 2010, 02:46 am »
+1 The feedback and appreciation is appreciated on this end. It was fun. Next year I'll bring a steno pad so I can take some notes and not rely on my 62 year old brain cells. I think I left too many of them in the 60s & 70s :lol:

It was great meeting Ted, Pete, John, Paul, Klaus, Alex, Bill, Dave, Danny, Tyson, Duke, Fritz, Emmanual, renewing acquaintences with Jason, Wayne, Wayne, Olu, Mark, Frank, Dan, Rim, Lou, Jody, Terri Lynn and many others. It was a great show and I had a blast :thumb: Thanks to all the exhibitors and most of all, THANKS to Marjorie, Terri Lynn and all the CAS volunteers who help make RMAF the best audio show in the world :thumb: :thumb:

Laura
Laura, it really was a great time.  Too bad that we were so busy having fun that we didn't have enough time to have fun.  I hope to be able to sit down with new friends as well as old next time, but... who knows.

Once again, great meeting you, Pete and all of the ones whose names I can't remember.   :scratch:

:thumb:

<><

Dave