WOW1 review at InnerFidelity

jsalk

WOW1 review at InnerFidelity
« on: 25 Jun 2013, 01:33 pm »
John Grandberg posted a review of the WOW1 Mini-monitor today.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/beauty-sight-and-sound-salk-wow1-mini-monitor

Thanks for the kind words, John!

- Jim

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: WOW1 review at InnerFidelity
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jun 2013, 02:30 pm »
Very nice review Jim. Well deserved, and appears it may open up a new niche for the ever growing Salk family.  :thumb:

benguin

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jun 2013, 04:06 pm »
Great to see some well deserved attention to the WOW1.   One other factor besides the choice in finish that was an absolutely huge benefit for me was Jim's ability to work around my size constraints and come up with a perfect wall mount version.

Although our WOW1 wall mounts are still awaiting their permanent home to be done, they were still an amazing treat hooked up in a less than perfect manner and resting on their sides.   We're looking forward to hearing what these can do once we get all our Salks going together.
 --Ben

JonnyFive

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jun 2013, 04:09 pm »
A very favorable review, congrats Jim and Dennis.

rick240

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jun 2013, 03:44 pm »
Awesome review for an awesome product.

Hopefully our next project turns into another successful product for you  :D

In the article you mention an 8" sub - would that be something using the 8" direct-servo driver Brian developed with Danny? If so, make sure it's built with the integrated hi-pass on RCA outs version of the plate amp. That sub and a pair of WOW1s would be an incredible computer 2.1.

Lizard84

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jun 2014, 08:57 pm »
I also was impressed by the review of the WOW1's, so much so that I've not just ordered a pair but a 3rd one as well to use as a center speaker for home theater along with a 12 inch Salk/Rythmik subwoofer, all in walnut. I've been wanting Salk's for quite a while, When we brought our beach condo it meant the Magnepan's had to go with the living room was half the size of the old one. These WOW1's are just the ticket.