Any Uk Virtue audio dudes out there?

Mattyboy

Re: Any Uk Virtue audio dudes out there?
« Reply #20 on: 21 Sep 2010, 07:17 pm »
Matt,
Please order directly from me.  DBA will handle any returns or problems.  The price for shipping to the EU + customs is high.  I'm sorry.
Seth

Thanks Seth...How do I do that?

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #21 on: 21 Sep 2010, 07:35 pm »
Just order at store.virtueaudio.com. 

Mattyboy

« Reply #22 on: 24 Sep 2010, 10:26 pm »
cooli o...Monsieur seth

I will wait until I have hooked up with Monsieur Nick way way over in the nam..............bur..nam on sea..

Once Ive had my ears  on them I will be in a better position to order..

jusbe

• vivo media
« Reply #23 on: 25 Sep 2010, 09:34 am »
Personally i have a Paul Hynes PSU (approx £450) and it extends beyond Batteries however Battery solutions sonically, IMO, give the best overall result.

I'm a VA user in North Yorkshire. Seriously like this Class T audio though I guess I've jumped in at the right end with VA!

I have an original TWO with a 30/130 psu. Have you ever compared this with the Hynes supply?

I'm currently running the TWO into Epos ES11s and will soon be trying ES14s. I find that I'd like a bit more headroom and overall power to the ES11s and wondered is the Hynes supply might do the trick?

Mattyboy

« Reply #24 on: 25 Sep 2010, 01:21 pm »
Yo jusbe dude!

I owned a pair of the amazing Epos ES11 for at least 10 years,, evolved them with an all naim system ,...starting with a 72 pre and 90 power amp and ending up with mono's an 82 pre and supercap..They got better and better with each upgrade...wonderful little speakers.. :D

dba

• demand better audio
    • Demand Better Audio
« Reply #25 on: 25 Sep 2010, 05:56 pm »
Looks like some more orders will arise from the exposure at the National HiFi show today - lots of interest, some quite detailed about the VA range and their proficiency  :thumb:

wmoore

« Reply #26 on: 25 Sep 2010, 10:44 pm »
Mattyboy

I am in the UK and have an original Virtue 2. Wonderful little amp, People are amazed at what it can drive. My next step is upgrading my power supply.

wmoore

« Reply #27 on: 25 Sep 2010, 10:48 pm »
Looks like some more orders will arise from the exposure at the National HiFi show today - lots of interest, some quite detailed about the VA range and their proficiency  :thumb:

Daniel it was nice meeting you today at the show. Was the carbon fibre surrounds for the virtue's
a dba thing or a Virtue audio thing ?

Warrick.

dba

• demand better audio
    • Demand Better Audio
« Reply #28 on: 25 Sep 2010, 11:31 pm »
Hi Warwick! Great to meet you also - what a show, a better one than i've seen in a long time :wink:

The 'carbonising' was our idea to try and give the products an edge wrt our own products, people like matching equipment or some thread of aesthetic similarity and as we're besotted with Virtue's offerings (as i mentioned today, we've tried and tested so many Class-T's, my loft could be a shrine to the many different types!) and just as importantly we're very happy with the team and their support at Virtue.

Try the configuration tool on the main VA site and you'll be able to play with the different carbon tops we've sent over to Seth, sadly he's the one with the only checker-board for a Melissa but i hope you'll agree the jacket for our TWO.2 is rather nifty too.

All the best and look forward to seeing you again!
 :thumb:

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #29 on: 26 Sep 2010, 12:19 am »
Warwick,
When you're ready to buy a DBA system, let us know and you'll order the matching amp from us, unfinished, for a nominal fee.  We'll deliver it to DBA who will burn it in, mount the top, and deliver it to you finished in the UK.  We backstop any DBA service and warranty offering - technically, you'll get the part from us.
Seth

jusbe

• vivo media
« Reply #30 on: 26 Sep 2010, 10:56 am »
Yo jusbe dude!

I owned a pair of the amazing Epos ES11 for at least 10 years,, evolved them with an all naim system ,...starting with a 72 pre and 90 power amp and ending up with mono's an 82 pre and supercap..They got better and better with each upgrade...wonderful little speakers.. :D

Aye, they're good. Hoping that the 14s are too. Sometimes I think they're a bit bass light but find that this has more to do with a specific recording/production than the 11s themselves (although there are limitations). The VA TWO sounds great on them.