Round Rock meet pictures now online.

Wardsweb

Round Rock meet pictures now online.
« on: 11 Sep 2006, 02:50 am »
Seeing how there is no central or south Texas circle, this is as close as I could get.

So, the pictures of today's meet of the Lone Star Bottleheads held in Round Rock (North Austin) are now in the Lone Star Bottlehead's Gallery.

http://lonestarbottleheads.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=28

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Round Rock meet pictures now online.
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2006, 03:14 am »
Wardsweb....thanks for posting the gallery photo link....excellent photo's.... :thumb:
Of the three pairs of speaker's you heard at your meet, was there one pair that stood out over the other's ? Thanks.....
                                           Chris

FredT300B

• Facilitator
« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2006, 01:05 pm »
Wardsweb....Of the three pairs of speaker's you heard at your meet, was there one pair that stood out over the other's ? Thanks.....

Luther, jump in here, but to my ears it was an apples and oranges type comparison. The Heresy is a high end, high efficiency three way with a 12" woofer, horn midrange and horn tweeter. The pair we heard were upgraded with a better tweeter and crossover than the stock model. The other two are two ways with an 8" woofer and a dome tweeter. To my ears the Heresies had tighter and more extended bass plus the speed and clarity of high quality horn loaded midrange and treble drivers. The Heresies are about 4dB more efficient than the others (99dB versus 95).

Wardsweb

« Reply #3 on: 11 Sep 2006, 02:47 pm »
The Klipsch were very open and forward. Which is to be expected from a horn driven speaker. The towers were smoother with excellent midrange but not as much bass. Again to be expected having a smaller woofer.