PURE i-20, iPhone/iPod Dock - How did I miss this?

decal

Re: PURE i-20, iPhone/iPod Dock - How did I miss this?
« Reply #140 on: 11 Dec 2013, 09:32 pm »
Well, I've spent a couple of days with the Teac and IMO, it is well worth the extra money. I have moved the iPure to the garage system. Sorry vv I don't have ant thoughts on the digital out as I don't use it.

ryno

« Reply #141 on: 11 Dec 2013, 11:18 pm »
oops

this_is_vv

« Reply #142 on: 11 Dec 2013, 11:28 pm »
Well, I've spent a couple of days with the Teac and IMO, it is well worth the extra money. I have moved the iPure to the garage system. Sorry vv I don't have ant thoughts on the digital out as I don't use it.

i have given the digital out from teac to dac and so fari am not happy...i thinkas most of my music which is driven from Ipad is streaming internet from rdio app at 192kbps...but so far i dont feel it come anywhere close to running from NAS to  PC to dac...

V

RDavidson

« Reply #143 on: 12 Dec 2013, 01:07 am »
i have given the digital out from teac to dac and so fari am not happy...i thinkas most of my music which is driven from Ipad is streaming internet from rdio app at 192kbps...but so far i dont feel it come anywhere close to running from NAS to  PC to dac...

V

I have found jitter reduction devices (such as the Monarchy DIP Combo) to work VERY well with all ipod / ipad docks I've tried. I think Apple's interface is just jitter prone. Internet radio is enhanced greatly too (via ipod and dock to DAC). Using the DIP Combo on my CD transport (Denon 1650AR) makes very little if any difference. This is likely because the Denon has very little jitter to begin with. But with my Arcam drDock (previously owned a Cambridge id100), the difference is easily heard.

Thomas0322

« Reply #144 on: 13 Dec 2013, 03:13 am »
It looks like Apple is changing from a 30 pin connector to the "lightening" connector, which is all digital.  The iPod Touch 5th gen is an example.  While there is an adapter, my call is to wait for the next gen dock that uses the lightening interface.

RDavidson

« Reply #145 on: 13 Dec 2013, 03:41 am »
It looks like Apple is changing from a 30 pin connector to the "lightening" connector, which is all digital.  The iPod Touch 5th gen is an example.  While there is an adapter, my call is to wait for the next gen dock that uses the lightening interface.

Yeah, Apple actually went to the 8 pin lightning connection with the launch of the iPhone 5 back in Sept 2012. Other than being smaller, I don't think it really does anything different or better than the 30 pin connector.....though 8 pins are much simpler than 30, so there must be some advantages to that.

apstoltz

« Reply #146 on: 22 Dec 2013, 05:32 pm »
Guys, I am looking to get the iPure for my little 2 channel bedroom setup. I have the the Dayton DT100 as my amp with AV123 ELT 525 Towers and have been plugging in my ipod into the front. I am looking for overall better sound as I think the iPure will get me closer to what I am looking for. However the Teac DAC has recently caught my attention as a few guys have stated that it is a little better unit. If I go with the Teac I am thinking about also changing my amp to the Teac (AH-01) to match all units. My question is going with the Teac setup a lateral move or a step up from what I have with the Dayton and going with the iPure.

geowak

« Reply #147 on: 23 Dec 2013, 11:20 am »
Like many have stated above, unless Pure has changed the I-20 it does not have a lightning connection. If you have an Iphone 5 or later, you will need the short or long lightning adapter.
I don't know about the Teac connection or if it is or is not better with SQ, I like my two I-20's, but I feed them into separate DACs.