Anyone into Techno/Trance here?

ASi_TEK

• NO LIMITS!!!
    • www.asi-tek.com
« on: 24 Jul 2004, 11:42 pm »
Hi,

Anyone else on the Circle into Techno and Trance music as myself and would like to share some of your favorite artists and songs? I am always up to hearing new mixes.

I am usually finding myself listening to DJ Tiesto or Paul Van Dyk's albums most of the time.

bob82274

« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2004, 12:32 am »
Ah yes... Trance.  This is my driving/working music.  My favorite is probably Sasha.  Involver is a very good album.  This extends over to Sasha + Digweed.  I'm also a Paul Van Dyk fan.  

If you want to listen to some good techno thats always changing listen to

XTCradio.com

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 2004, 01:20 am »
Howsabout someone here put together a Trance sampler disc for the AC membership?  I really haven't been exposed to Trance except while watching certain movies;  I'm not even positive what it is.

Anyone up to the task?  If so, put me down for a copy! :thumb:

ASi_TEK

• NO LIMITS!!!
    • www.asi-tek.com
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jul 2004, 01:52 am »
Its nice to see some other interest here. I also listen to it alot during work or some browsing the internet.  I have about 5GB of MP3's here on the computer.

A sampler would be cool, any one want to do it? I could in due time but I'm been really busy lately.

ekovalsky

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jul 2004, 02:12 am »
I think a CD sampler is a great idea, there is some very brilliant music (among lots of crap) here! Here's my "Trance" collection.  It's a little dusty, particularly since I had to give up the ultimate audio tweak (an herb commonly grown in Jamaica and Mexico and just about everywhere else) when I got my medical license...  :lol:

Renaisaance Sasha + Digweed
Sheet One Plastikman
Musik Plastikman
Manna Manna
Papua New Guinea Translations Future Sound of London
Lifeforms Future Sound of London
IDSN Future Sound of London
Haunted Silence Omni Trio
Casual Collapse Seofon
Best of Strange Cargos William Orbit
Last Train to Lhasa Banco de Gaia
Mission into Drums Oliver Lieb
The Remixes Paragliders
Tripomatic Fairytales 2001 Jam & Spoon
Best Of Humate -- Superstition Special 2819
Generation and Motion of a Pulse Omicron
Acrocosm Omicron
In Sides Orbital
Cream of Ambient Visions One various

Mag

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jul 2004, 02:58 am »
I have some techno always looking for more. I'm fussy though as to what I like. I already have an mp3 techno disc of approx. 60 songs. How do I make this available to members interested?
   As far as trance goes I've only have a few songs by Kraftwerk that would qualify. Does Gary Newman qualify as trance?

Christof

« Reply #6 on: 25 Jul 2004, 03:34 am »
ekovalsky, its good to see Plastikman as #3 on your list, much tribute is owed to the great masters.  For those of us into this style of music, "techno/trance" is a rather broad classification.  Might be like asking about someones favorite jazz.....are Kenny G. and Sun Ra even from the same planet?  Anyway, I'm very into organic "techno/trance" aka "organika" around these parts of the world.  I would love to get on the list for a sampler of some of your favs if anyone throws something together.  

Peace
Christof

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 25 Jul 2004, 03:43 am »
NathanM & I each made a heavy metal sampler a while back.  We simply posted that we were doing it and asked anyone interested in getting a copy to post it and provide name & addy.  Asking the interested parties to PM also workd.  We distributed ours physically on CD-R via mail, but I imagine you could send it via internet, too (although I'll confess I don't know how- an email attachment, maybe?).

If the package is elaborate, you might ask everyone to paypal you a few bucks to cover shipping.

That's a great way to spread the music around to a fresh audience.

Lost81

« Reply #8 on: 25 Jul 2004, 05:34 am »
I'm definitely in for one.

Cheers,
-Lost81

JoshK

« Reply #9 on: 25 Jul 2004, 07:06 am »
Got tons of Digweed, PVD, Sasha, Anthony Pappa, etc CDs here.  Lately I have been a bit more into K&D and Hotel Costes, lounge type electronica, but I still listen to the aforementioned.

StevenACNJ

« Reply #10 on: 25 Jul 2004, 12:51 pm »
Trance Nation America by Taylor and Jimmy Van M

2 CD set

First heard this CD playing in clubs in Jamaica

bob82274

« Reply #11 on: 25 Jul 2004, 04:13 pm »
Josh, if you like K&D give Cafe del Mar a try.  Its a nice sampler from Ibiza.  My personal favorite is Vol. 5 but you can't really go wrong with any of them.

Mag

« Reply #12 on: 25 Jul 2004, 04:50 pm »
Okay, I have my mix done. It may not be to everyone's liking but some tough decisions had to be made. It's not going to be fancy just a cd and the song list.
  This is the cheapest way I can think to do this. ASi_Tek PM me with your address. I'll mail it to him first since it's his idea. He burns a copy for himself and mail's it out to another person. You must have a burner or access to one and am mp3 player since this in a data mp3 disc.
  Hope you like it.

Mag

Lost81

« Reply #13 on: 25 Jul 2004, 06:23 pm »
Quote from: Mag
This is the cheapest way I can think to do this. ASi_Tek PM me with your address. I'll mail it to him first since it's his idea. He burns a copy for himself and mail's it out to another person. You must have a burner or access to one and am mp3 player since this in a data mp3 disc.
Mag

Thanks for getting the ball rolling, Mag :D
Yes, that will work... Got a burner here as well...

My only exposure (if you can even call it that) is Moby and Robert Miles

-Lost81

Mag

« Reply #14 on: 25 Jul 2004, 07:03 pm »
My exposure is limited in techno. I put as much good stuff on the cd that I could with some electronic techno style music. All techno can be mind numbing anyway. Some of you probably have very good stuff that I would like to hear as well.
  I will have this in the mail tomorrow hopefully.

Mag

« Reply #15 on: 27 Jul 2004, 06:19 pm »
The cd is on its way, what happens to it now is out of my hands. I had a few technical problems in the burning process. Turns out the mp3 convertor I used put skips into the tracks. So I used a different convertor and finally got the finished product after several wasted discs.
  The music is top notch, maybe not to everyones liking but the sound quality is superb.  You will definitely be giving your speakers a workout and maybe piss off the neighbors, but hey! we're audiophiles.
  I will think twice before volunteering next time. There is more work involved than I first anticapated.

Mag

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 27 Jul 2004, 06:25 pm »
"I will think twice before volunteering next time. There is more work involved than I first anticapated."- Mag

Man, I'll vouch for that!   :wink:  :lol:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #17 on: 27 Jul 2004, 07:12 pm »
I'd be interested in a copy...Thanks !! :)

mcgsxr

« Reply #18 on: 29 Jul 2004, 01:06 pm »
Sign me up too please, I am always into hearing some new ear candy.

I don't have much to add to the list that has circulated so far, but to mention Cirrus, and just about anything off the Moonshine Record Label - they put an orange stripe on the label of their goodies, so you can scan the music rack, and notice them easily.

Well, a quick scan of my hard drive brings these treats also

Amon Tobin, Oakenfold, DJ Brian, DJ Spooky, DJ Keoki, DFuse, DJ Shadow, Purple Penguin

There is a nice, if commercial, album of note, the soundtrack to a movie called "Better Living Through Circuitry".  Worth a listen, as it covers trance, "baby" drum and bass, and a couple of other general genres.

OK some of these are not strictly techno or trance, but all fall into the loose category of electronica, and most are associated with driving beats, and/or LATE nights.

University was fun, work disallows much of that fun.  Parenthood absolutely banishes it!

Ah well, enjoy each phase fully, as my good friend says, you don't get them back.

Mark in Canada

JoshK

« Reply #19 on: 29 Jul 2004, 02:20 pm »
I want a copy of it, so sign me up too, I'll be patient though so others can get it before I do.