Muse

Crimson

Muse
« on: 4 Oct 2012, 08:18 pm »
Their new album, 2nd Law, is available as a 24/96 FLAC download.

Here.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: Muse
« Reply #1 on: 4 Oct 2012, 08:30 pm »
Sweet; thanks!

Just as a FYI, Muse is the musical guest on Saturday Night Live this weekend. :thumb:

Have fun,

Jerry

Crimson

« Reply #2 on: 5 Oct 2012, 11:17 am »
Funny thing: just got an email from HDTracks promoting the same hi-res album. For $2 more.

Ericus Rex

« Reply #3 on: 5 Oct 2012, 12:10 pm »
What's the new album like?  I've heard the new song and wasn't all that fond of it.  Has Muse gone soft?

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #4 on: 5 Oct 2012, 02:44 pm »
Funny thing: just got an email from HDTracks promoting the same hi-res album. For $2 more.

Yes, in many cases (McCartney, Muse, Wilco, etc) the high rez or special downloads that HDtracks offers are also available on the bands' websites, and at a better (more direct of course) price.   

What is the best Muse album, regardless of rez?  I'm a Radiohead fanatic but have only heard (from likely biased perspectives) that Muse is a Radiohead wannabe.  I doubt it, but it's whats kept me away till now.  I'm NOT a Coldplay fan...at all.  Thx

Kinger

« Reply #5 on: 5 Oct 2012, 03:32 pm »
I think my favorite album by the group thus far is Black Holes and Revelations.

Ericus Rex

« Reply #6 on: 5 Oct 2012, 04:01 pm »
What is the best Muse album, regardless of rez?  I'm a Radiohead fanatic but have only heard (from likely biased perspectives) that Muse is a Radiohead wannabe.  I doubt it, but it's whats kept me away till now.  I'm NOT a Coldplay fan...at all.  Thx

Tons of Muse on Youtube.  I like all their albums (haven't heard new one yet) but  I connect a little more with their first three than their past two.  If you want a good sampling of old and new get "Origins of Symmetry" and "Black Holes and Revelations."  Again I haven't heard the new one so I don't know where it stands.

Crimson

« Reply #7 on: 6 Oct 2012, 04:37 am »
If you want a good sampling of old and new get "Origins of Symmetry" and "Black Holes and Revelations."

+1. I have the new album but haven't given it a listen yet.

Also, FWIW, I don't think Muse is anything like Radiohead.

skunark

« Reply #8 on: 18 Oct 2012, 05:19 am »
Agreed Muse and Radiohead aren't even remotely the close...

DR results: http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/details.php?id=27847   

Glad to see another new album release in HiRez, I'm starting to feel like HiRez is just for the classics.

BTW, HDTracks has it as well for those that don't want to register on yet another band site

Jim

BobC

« Reply #9 on: 18 Oct 2012, 02:07 pm »
So I downloaded The 2nd Law from HD Tracks last night.  I like it, but I think I like "The Resistance" better...but I can definately appreciate the 24/96, as it was my first "hi rez" download.

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #10 on: 18 Oct 2012, 02:17 pm »
Agreed Muse and Radiohead aren't even remotely the close...

Just want to explain, guys.  It's not me that thinks they sound alike (never heard Muse yet) it's ALL the press.  Read Allmusic, etc.  it comes up in every article or review of Muse, sorry.