Welcome to AC Mike!

Marbles

Welcome to AC Mike!
« on: 23 Jan 2003, 08:07 pm »
Glad to have Shamrock here.

Shamrock Audio

Welcome to AC Mike!
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2003, 03:11 am »
Thanks for the invitation. Glad to be here.

Marbles

Welcome to AC Mike!
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2003, 03:16 am »
Mike, I think you have had many good ideas, some are regarding this website  :wink:   I think we may make some of them happen.

For those that don't know Mike or his work, here are some pic's of Shamrocks kits built by customers..

and some finished speakers..

Very nice looking stuff

rwalton

Welcome to AC Mike!
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2003, 10:03 pm »
Hello All,

I have built Mike's SE-2's and am very happy with them.  I just thought I'd mention for the sake of accuracy, that in the kit pics above, the third picture from the top is the Eire, not a kitset speaker.  The Eire is Mike's commercial speaker.  BTW if you build one of Mike's kits, you will find his personal support to be fantastic!  He was always helpful in answering my questions and never made me feel like I was taking up too much of his time, which I most likely was!

Rick

Shamrock Audio

Welcome to AC Mike!
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2003, 04:53 am »
Hi Rick!

Hey, thanks for the kind words. I've always enjoyed talking with you.

I'm glad to hear that you're still enjoying the SE-2's. We're working on getting CAD drawings completed, along with more detailed instructions. We want to include pictures of various stages of construction as well as pictures of the x-over boards. Many of our builders are first-timers and have little idea how to make a x-over board. I think pictures would be helpful.

Our goal is to provide the plans on CD to make shipping easier, and to eliminate paper and ink costs. It may be awhile yet as both the SE-1 and SE-2 are getting a bit long in the tooth and could stand an update.