Integrated amp suggestions for WOW1

a63vette

Integrated amp suggestions for WOW1
« on: 11 Aug 2012, 03:02 pm »
Hi guys, I've been thinking about a pair of WOW1s for my office. Had been looking at the mini magnepan setup, but it seems difficult, fickle and expensive to get them properly powered and sounding right.

Curious as to what existing owners are powering them with and suggestions on a budget.

Thanks in advance.

floresjc

Re: Integrated amp suggestions for WOW1
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2012, 02:11 pm »
I had an AVA Integrated for awhile and really liked it. The new Synergy integrated I would imagine is a really great choice.

a63vette

« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2012, 02:33 pm »
Thanks Flor - the AVA stuff looks incredible, though I was hoping for something sub $1k. Maybe a Class D and reasonable pre-amp even though I was thinking a integrated amp. Class D Audio looks interesting. Thank you

rick240

« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2012, 02:46 pm »
I have a Parasound pre-amp and an Adcom amp for my WOW1s and am quite happy. Although I've been on the lookout for a larger class D amp...

Never heard of Class D Audio before, thanks for the reference. Let me know if you get one for your WOW1s.

MichiganMike

« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 2012, 04:00 pm »
Hi guys, I've been thinking about a pair of WOW1s for my office. Had been looking at the mini magnepan setup, but it seems difficult, fickle and expensive to get them properly powered and sounding right.

Curious as to what existing owners are powering them with and suggestions on a budget.

Thanks in advance.

I recently purchased a Marantz PM6004 integrated amplifier for under $600.  The rated power output is a modest 45 watts into 8 ohms, but it appears conservatively rated and this integrated amp performs well in my office system application.

This is a rarity, an integrated amp manufactured with high quality, discrete parts in Japan, but sold at a budget price. The Marantz PM6004 integrated amp was selected as the 2011 stereo amplifier product of the year by What Hi-Fi in the UK.  http://www.whathifi.com/review/marantz-pm6004 

johzel

« Reply #5 on: 13 Aug 2012, 04:10 pm »
Thanks Flor - the AVA stuff looks incredible, though I was hoping for something sub $1k. Maybe a Class D and reasonable pre-amp even though I was thinking a integrated amp. Class D Audio looks interesting. Thank you

The new Peachtree Audio Decco 65??? Pre/Amp/DAC/Headphone all in one. 

pawsman

« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 2012, 09:51 pm »
I'd look at the Mini-x A100 from Emotiva for $219. It's 50/80 wpc into 8/4 ohms, with
a prominent volume control on the front. I've got their UPA-1 Monoblocs and I've been incredibly
happy with them. The performance/price ratio on their electronics is off the charts-

pawsman

a63vette

« Reply #7 on: 14 Aug 2012, 12:26 am »
Thanks everybody, all good suggestions - the Emotiva looks very interesting as does the peachtree and I see that Marantz seems like a deal. So many decisions :)

newzooreview

« Reply #8 on: 14 Aug 2012, 01:26 am »
Thanks everybody, all good suggestions - the Emotiva looks very interesting as does the peachtree and I see that Marantz seems like a deal. So many decisions :)

Why not get a Jolida 302BRC from Jim? He sold me my Jolida for my bedroom setup, and it's terrific. It's got plenty of power for the WOW1s, and you can upgrade the tubes later when you feel like it. The warm glow of tubes at night is a nice bonus!